What Is Slippage In Forex

moonchild

VIP Contributor
We might all be victims of slippage, but we might not have noticed, slippage occurs when the price you execute isn't the one that is booked for you, must slippage occurs due to volatility, when there are a lot of volatility like people are placing orders, and there are news coming out, in short when a currency is in it's rush hour.

When slippage occurs you don't even notice but when you notice you can report to your brokers and they will return your stakes and also, I have only noticed slippage once but I didn't even bother with it, because the price difference is very negligible.

You can also experience slippage when the stop loss exit your position not at the price you input, you see this a lot when you trade synthetic indices, especially boom and crash, when you put in your stop loss and a boom or crash happens, you will be exited with slippage, this is as a result of volatility.

To avoid slippage make sure you enter the market at non Volatile times, or when there are news releases, you can also neglect slippage because they're not that significant, especially when you're trading with a small account.

Suba

Staff member
In real forex trading (not demo) slippage will often occur and be encountered by almost all traders at any broker. Novice traders often think slippage is a fraud from brokers but it's not. Slippage will occur due to unbalanced market conditions. Personally I often overlook slippages because they are relatively small in number or just a few points. There are two types of slippage that traders need to know, namely positive slippage and negative slippage, positive slippage occurs when the buy order is executed lower and will benefit the trader by a few points, while negative slippage occurs when the buy order is executed at a higher price, and the trader will lose a few points. points. Slippage will be very detrimental if there is a rapid price fluctuation due to the influence of fundamentals. So to avoid slippage you also need to avoid trading when big news appears such as announcements from the central bank etc.

Jack Reacher

Verified member
Broker plays a vital role for scalpers. A reliable broker is needed for scalping and I know Eurotrader as a reliable broker which is powered by smart bridge technology and allows traders with a 111% deposit bonus. The broker uses smart bridge technology to ensure traders smoothness of trading.

Asahi

Verified member
Scalping can save your time alongside giving you sufficient amount of profit.Scalping is also blessed with some other benefits like sometimes wild guessesare enough for scalping. Eurotrader is an ideal broker for scalpers. The broker uses smart bridge technology.