What is the importance of colour in branding

Setho

VIP Contributor
We have all experience something in the past that whenever we see a particular blend of colours we associate it with a particular brand . We have also heard news of how millions of dollars is being paid by corporate organisations for people to design a very good brand colour for them but then how important are things like this to ultimately making sales or closing down or customer .

1. It gives an identity . There was a particular survey that was carried out by a bank called diamond Bank around here . The aim was to find out exactly why people choose them out of tens of others commercial banks that are existing in the country . A wooping 30% of the respondents claimed that they opened an account with diamond Bank because of their lemon green colour. This is exactly how giving yourself a blind and that is a true colour can be able to go .

2. Makes social communication easier. People usually try to sort out a lot of things in social media and as such it is going to make it very easier for you to communicate with your customers when you are having a particular brand of colours .

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Colour is a key component of branding. The colours you choose to represent your brand will set it apart from competitors and make it easily identifiable to consumers. Colour should be used intentionally and strategically to align with your brand's identity, values, and vision.

Colours can affect our emotions and influence our decision making, so it is critical that you choose colours that will display the message you want to convey about your brand. Red represents passion and energy, while blue represents calmness and trustworthiness. These two colours cannot convey the same message, so it is important that you take time to research the meaning behind different colours if you aren't familiar with them.

Colour psychology can also be used to create a deeper connection with your audience. For example, some brands use pink as their primary colour because they cater to women. This makes women feel included in the brand's message and creates a deeper connection between the consumer and the product.

Although colour is an important factor in branding, it should not overshadow other areas of your marketing strategy. A strong logo is just as important as the colour scheme you choose for your website or social media accounts. By focusing on these areas of your marketing strategy, you will help ensure that your brand stands out from others in the industry.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Color plays a great role in branding. I will give you an example, what differentiates Pepsi from Coke? Well, the dominant color on Pepsi is blue whereas the dominant color in Coke is red. If you have managed to use the same theme color on your logo, banner, marketing materials, people can easily identity your brand. Colors create a great psychological effect. Once there was an experiment to find out which taste better, coke or pepsi. When random people were asked to choose between Pepsi and coke most of them chose coke. However, when the same people were asked to taste with their eyes closes, they chose pepsi.

Suba

Staff member
Knowledge of color psychology has actually existed since the time of ancient Egypt. Of course at this time the development of color psychology knowledge has grown rapidly. In the world of marketing in general, customers will be more familiar with the brand from color, so that psychologically color can bring emotional closeness to customers. So that in color marketing it is very important, at least a brand must have its own color so that customers can easily distinguish it from other competitors.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Colour branding is an attractive way to lure customers coming to patronize your business. To be frank, I love colourful products, or companies with colourful logo, if your colour isn't attractive to me, I might feel disappointed and it tells me your business isn't professional. During my childhood days, we love some football clubs due to their beautiful colours, some of my friends choose Chelsea due to their quality jersey color. I love Barcelona, due to their mixed colour. Even when I go to buy clothe at the boutique, I love beautiful coloured shirts, and trousers. That's an advantage for those dealing on clothes in general, because people love colourful materials/items.

Shaf

Verified member
Colours play an important role in branding because we are highly visually orientated. We tend to associate colours, even odours, taste and sound with something. When it comes to advertising, colors and sounds do stand out though, probably because if the advertisement mediums used like radio and television.

I've also noticed that brands and logos that are associated with just one or two colours are more memorable than those that use three or more. This can tell one that simplicity works better than using too many colors.