What is the right age to start giving little children financial education and how?

marcusfe

Financial education is very important for every human being irrespective of status or the job we are doing. Many people have blown many opportunities in life due to lack of financial prudence. It is good to impart this knowledge into the life of our little children as early as possible so that it can become part of them. Some important part of financial education is teaching someone to always increase morning and reducing it, investing instead of spending and saving instead of exhausting. All these things are very important in the life of everyone.
My question here is when is the right age to start teaching the little children this financial education so that it can be very effective.

IamDozzy

I once read a book called “Rich Dad Poor Dad” and in the book the author started financial education at a very young age, I think when he was 9 years or so. With the lessons he was getting at a very young age, he was establishing businesses and failing and learning from it. He also worked a job at young age and learnt about the value of money, how to manage money, how to treat workers and so on. By the time he reached his adult age he was already a made man with a very flourishing business. Point being, no age I to small for a child to start learning about finance and managing money.

Planet408

You should first of all make your children to understand values of life as they grow up. You have to teach them not to be wasteful. They should not be wasteful and they should not be careless too. Ensure you practice what you teach them. Start giving them financial education as they grow up. Don't wait till they get to teen years so it won't be late to correct them.

Abee111

Financial education is very important to every human being in this earth and it is important to everyone to be educated in financial education.
First of all teach a child the important of life, how life is in different aspect, and the value of people. Secondly teach him how he will use every opportunity To make him not to be careless while using money..
The age of child before teaching him financial education is when the child start knowing what is called money. It will be at the age range of 7 to 12..

Daykas

Financial education is very important for every human being irrespective of status or the job we are doing. Many people have blown many opportunities in life due to lack of financial prudence. It is good to impart this knowledge into the life of our little children as early as possible so that it can become part of them. Some important part of financial education is teaching someone to always increase morning and reducing it, investing instead of spending and saving instead of exhausting. All these things are very important in the life of everyone.
My question here is when is the right age to start teaching the little children this financial education so that it can be very effective.
If it an ideal countries,it is better to start teaching about financial education at the age of 5/7 these are kind of age children easily assimilate and understand things easily.
But if you not financially okay also,you can start teaching your child about financial education at the age of 12/13.
My dad started teaching most of his children at the age of 10 even though most of us don't take it serious until we become 17/18

Victor001

No knowledge is a waste in life,we are product of what we've been through. Certain experience and learning we perfected at a younger age can act as a propelling force to make us achieve desired goals. Once you can strengthen the foundation the work will be less. I was not opportune to gain financial knowledge,but I grew to knowing the importance.

Snazzy001

this is quite a sensitive one .you should try to educate them once they can understand what you speak.there are instances where children are given money and they want to spend it immediately even without asking you .that is the point where you let them understand that money is not spent anyhow

eojo2401

I will start to give my children financial education immediately they reach the age of ten. So he will be able to operate little investments before reaching the age of eighteen. And after the age of eighteen, I will give them full autonomy to go into any legal investments of there choice.

Teatea

There is no tight or wrong age to instill financial values in your kids, once they know how to ask for money to get snacks then they are ready to starting learning the importance and value of money. This is the stage they can catch things easily, some people may not even know it, but their kids pick up whatever is done in their presence. We are also in the age of internet, so get to your kids first before they get the wrong perspective online.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
As soon as the child learns the value of money then it is time to teach him about finances. When I was in 1st grade I have to admit that money to me was not an object because I was living with my rich grandmother. But when I moved back with my parents in 2nd grade that's the time I realized that money is very important. Life then was quite hard because my parents were building our home.

PICKFORD

Verified member
that's a good question. I cannot be specific about the age based on the maturity of the child because you can be talking sense to your child but will not take into consideration. but anyways I'll lecture on them how to go about with how the spend their money how the have to survive to avoid been broke or leave a reckless life. And also I won't have to spend to much on them. I'll also lecture them on how to be independent on their own.