What is wrong with luno?

Kennysplash

Verified member
Luno used to be most people's most preferred wallets in the past, especially Nigerians. This may be due to:
1. Low transaction fees
2. Easy to navigate
3. Fast transaction etc
But recently there has bee a huge negative difference in luno wallet.
First of all, the price of all the coin are now terribly overhyped. USDT which is a stable coin has its price to be almost two times it's normal price. It is now two dollars if concerted to local currency.
About a week ago I sent a coin into the wallet only to see that it more than doubled in price. But when I sent it to another wallet it was it's normal price. This is very misleading and unprofessional.
I will no longer recommend luno to anyone anymore, at least until they fix all those glitches.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I when thought mt friend that bought my coins duped me because after sending coins worth almost 20 dollar to him. He sent me less than 14 dollar as the payment. I was furious and he took his time to explain the reason behind his action. He told me I should not believe what I saw on luno that they hyped naira. I read later similar thing on their platform.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
this is very ridiculous and outrageous act from a bigwig company in cryptocurrency like coinbase. very disheartening

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
I've stopped using luno for quite sometime now. I don't even know why. Maybe because what the Op is complaining has already been experienced by someone close to me. They even complained that the transfer fee from luno to other wallets is quite ridiculous and the value of your money on luno is ways fake. I just decided to stay away.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That's a total glitch from Luno wallet. They need to look into it, and correct it before things get out of hand. I've witnessed it twice this year when i used Luno wallet to receive coin from a merchant. The price of the crypto is always doubled from the original price. That's a problem that calls for concern, one might make the mistake send to another merchant thinking the value he sent is equivalent to the merchant asking price. Which will make the sender look like a fraudster, but its not the fault of the sender, rather fault from Luno.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Luno used to be most people's most preferred wallets in the past, especially Nigerians. This may be due to:
1. Low transaction fees
2. Easy to navigate
3. Fast transaction etc
First of all, the price of all the coin are now terribly overhyped. USDT which is a stable coin has its price to be almost two times it's normal price. It is now two dollars if concerted to local currency.
About a week ago I sent a coin into the wallet only to see that it more than doubled in price. But when I sent it to another wallet it was it's normal price. This is very misleading and unprofessional.
I will no longer recommend luno to anyone anymore, at least until they fix all those glitches.
Yes you are very annoying. Am not happy at when I detected that they stated charging much.
Before I use to know that Nuno is a good wallet to save your coin until when they change the mode of their operation recently.
This wallet don't suppose to started acting like this because their are many correct wallect now adays.
If Nuno have a good manager he/she ought to know that there are many competitors around to take over their position.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
1. Low transaction fees
2. Easy to navigate
3. Fast transaction etc
Yes you are very annoying. Am not happy at when I detected that they stated charging much.
Before I use to know that Nuno is a good wallet to save your coin until when they change the mode of their operation recently.
This wallet don't suppose to started acting like this because their are many correct wallect now adays.
If Nuno have a good manager he/she ought to know that there are many competitors around to take over their position.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
price of bitcoin crashed but luno have not streamlined the price of their bitcoin to the current market price . very disgusting

Samuel72

Verified member
The only thing I see wrong with with luno is that the transfer fee is very high but presently over here in Nigeria we are unable to use luno to trade cryptocurrency because the Nigerian government has banned cryptocurrency here in Nigeria. presently we use binance wallet to trade cryptocurrency.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
That is so bad for the users because it will mislead them while using the cryptocurrencies. I wonder the cause of this overhyping could be. I just hope they correct it soon. I have not experienced this though because the Luno Wallet is not available for my country. Otherwise, it was a great wallet that I really wished to give a try.