What made you to stop your former business or job?

D

Deleted member 51169

The rate of unemployment in virtually all countries in the globe is alarming. Government of various countries are pulling every resources under their whims to stop the trend, all to no avail.

In this discourse, we will be trying to outline reasons why people leave their former business or job. The succinct definition we will use as a purview of discussion as regards business and job is - "Any means of earning an income whether illegally or legally acceptable by a country.

The advent of coronavirus saw a paradigm shift in earning for most household. The use of Internet and its numerous opportunities was explored as people were forced to stay indoors. So many organisations equally realised that some of their human resources can actually be disengaged, while most workers saw the exploitative nature if their workplace; when they juxtapose their earnings through the Internet and their official salary.

The following reasons enumerated below is not all the points as to why people stoo their former job. Your inputs will be appreciated too.
*Morality: Recalled in our definition illegal means of income is job. The rate of cyber fraud was high during this lockdown as people were busy finding means to survive; which gave rise to many fraudster like Hushpuppy (Abbas Ramos) and "Benefit boys" in Nigeria.
With the lift of lock down some people stopped this act on the basis of moral values as their ethics could not allow them while others continued.
*Toxic work environment: Insensitive bosses and colleagues can make one to get depressed with work and resign.
*Low income: As most people started exploring earnings online, they noticed that the capitalist work environment has even exploiting them and they resigned. For those in business, low turnout of profits is bedeviling small scale enterprises a d sends some to oblivion.
*Retrenchment: As companies began to see the benefits of working from home, the much they achieved with little staff. Many staff were retrenched as their services were no longer needed.

Which of the above effected you or someone close to you?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I do not have any job that I have to work for somebody ,I only concentrate in my normal self-employed skills that I have been doing offline.personally I work on my own schedule and I do not work for people and I only delivers services to people when they are in need of my services, this is a little bit stressfree and give me a lot of time to engage online.

Good luck

Verified member
I have a stable job and at the same time time,l have time to do my online schedule which does not affect my job.there is time for everything, I spend quality time in doing some work online.You just have to be devoted to them task so as not to have issues with your present job or problems with your boss or employee.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
The reason why I stopped working my previous work place is because the payment of salary is not consistent. They usually pay a month after the previous salary is due. Also unethical tax is being deducted from our salary. We were told that the money goes back to the government which is not in most time.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I had a well-paying job that I liked very much. Then Covid happened. The company decided to lay off few staff members and I was one of them. For few months, I did not know what to do but then I decided to work online. I am not earning as much as I was earning from my job, but I am fine.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Too much of rest rest is one of the reason why I left my formal place of work. Instead of having three shifts which consist of money afternoon and night. It has been reduced to two ships money and night. this is too stressful because you have to work for 12 hours non-stop with just 30 minutes of break. To have no other option than to quit because my health is my concern.