What Payment Method Do You Use and Why?

Shaf

Verified member
The final aim of every business is to generate revenue and make profits. This means you need cash flowing in through any means.
There are different ways to accept money from your clients and each one has its advantages and disadvantages.

Before choosing a payment system, first consider the nature of your business. If it's an online business, you will have difficulty in accepting the money cash. Using payment gateways like PayPal, Payeer and Perfect money would be easier for you and your clients.
A physical business would do better with this.

If the amount of money you would be receiving is much, it's also better to use payment methods that support this.

Cryptocurrency is also an upcoming payment method especially transborder. It is fast and easy but the volatility may discourage some people from using it.

You can have more than one payment methods so you can serve a wide range of clients without restrictions.

niche

Verified member
While Paypal is the most popular online payment method, they are disabling the account of many users. So the users are now using alternate methods for making payment using payment gateways. Payoneer is also very popular online for payment especially to freelancers who are doing low value work.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Undoubtedly, PayPal is the most popular payment method around the world. This is mainly the reason I use PayPal. I find it very convenient and I usually use PayPal for purchases on E-Bay. Last year I created a Payeer account and I am very satisfied with it but the truth is that it is not as popular as PayPal. Anyhow, I believe that each payment method has both advantages and disadvantages. Well, it is left to you to choose the payment method you think that it is the best for you.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Personally, I prefer to use paystack to accept payment because it is easier especially as a developer, I use the API and the integrate it to my app and then it let me to accept payment through

Bank transfer

Ussd code

Debit/Credit card

This make it easier for people to interact with you, with three options down your belt you'll be able to accept payments anywhere around the world with out any hassles.

While I was on Fiverr, I used PayPal but it wasn't supported in my country so I had to be open a lesotho account and it was later blocked and I couldn't figure out why.

I think nowadays, receiving payment is no longer a pain, because there are countless solutions lined up.

Crypto is also one of the seamless ways to receive payment nowadays, all you need is an account and there are a lot exchangers that'll change your crypto for you to local currency.