What stopped you from purchasing crypto currencies when they were still cheap?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I got to know about crypto currencies last year after I joined my first paid to post website and was told I would need a crypto currency Wallet to be receiving my payments. As time went on, I was able to see some good potentials in crypto currency and developed interest in investing some of my money in it.
At the time I got to know about Bitcoin, it was priced at just $9,000 but everything have changed now and it is already heading to $50,000 in just less than a year that I know.
The case is same with so many people, some may have known about Bitcoin when it was less than $100 but they did not care to buy, what was your reason for not buying then?
As for me, it was because I didn't have any knowledge about it and no money to invest too.
How about you?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
@Bookwormlux, the same thing that happened to you, is what I'm facing right now. I felt so regretted to see Bitcoin amaze this high, when i knew the price at $10k per token. Now the price is $46k+ and going to reach $50k in the coming days with what I'm seeing around Bitcoin. Had it been i invested like $20k back then, which is 2BTC. My life could've been better by now. At least I could've brought me $92k by now.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
We all just have to regret , but better not to regret as our population is more than bitcoin itself. There are only 21 million BTC (actually less than 21 million because many are burnt). But then there are many other cryptos, and I don't think we should sit now without buying them. We can still buy many promising cryptos like XRP, Doge, TRX, ADA etc.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
If I tell you when I knew bitcoin and how I bleeped up the opportunity, you will pity me. I know bitcoins when it was less than a dollar. That was in 2016. I was trading in it in one HYIP then. The reason why I didn't take it so serious is because I didn't see it as a future asset. We only did it then to be in vogue. Other reason was that bitcoins then was only working through peer to peer platform. So to see a vendor or trusted bitcoin buyers then discorged me from taking it serious.

cmoneyspinner

Nothing stopped me from purchasing cryptocurrency. What got me started even knowing about cryptocurrency was a forum that I joined which had a faucet. Every hour or so you would click on the faucet and coins would be added to your coinpot. The site owner discontinued the faucet but by then I had learned about free bitcoin faucets. What is holding me back from setting up a trading account is lack of knowledge and also choosing the best trading platform. It is one of my goals for 2021. But for right now I am just collecting coins via free faucets and saving them up.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Mine should be about total ignorance, because I never knew or heard about cryptocurrency until I came online to work. Sometimes staying in an environment where nobody knows about a thing can bring a very negative effect. So maybe if I had know about it then and even knew it potential too, it will have been a lot better to go on with the investment

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Nothing stopped me from purchasing cryptocurrency. What got me started even knowing about cryptocurrency was a forum that I joined which had a faucet. Every hour or so you would click on the faucet and coins would be added to your coinpot. The site owner discontinued the faucet but by then I had learned about free bitcoin faucets. What is holding me back from setting up a trading account is lack of knowledge and also choosing the best trading platform. It is one of my goals for 2021. But for right now I am just collecting coins via free faucets and saving them up.
Good achievement, we all have done this and I learned that we can earn interest in certain places; first I used to keep my bitcoins in freebitco,in to gain interest, but that was a loss due to gambling there; now there are more sites where we can save and gain interest without falling in gambling; just save and rise.

D

Deleted member 28873

mine was not ignorance.it could be placed under the classification of not having the needed capital.I learnt about cryptocurrency early last year beginning of the lockdown.man was broke so I started looking for ways to make money online.I was opportuned to learn about cryptocurrency then but I didn't seize the opportunity then,the chicken little(fear of loosing money)in me then was great and so it was always breaking heart one after the other whenever my friends who I told about it started making profit from it or when ever I saw there was an increment in price.A friend of mine knew when bitcoin was #50000. not that he doesn't have money he was afraid to invest.