What type of job should one choose at first?

MOSIUR

First job should start very carefully!
There are various types of jobs in life. If you study in a medical college, you will work a as a doctor somewhere. If you study in any engineer institute, you will work as an engineer, that is the word.

But, if you study in arts or business groups, you will have multiple options to work in front of you. For example, he will have the opportunities to work as a teacher, bank officer, insurance official, arms officer, big government official, businessman, mass representative, and what not.

But, later on, he may jump into another job in order to get higher facilities. In this case, what type of jobs can be chosen initially. In some cases, a person often mistakes to choose a proper job in the beginning. As a result, he is to suffer in the long run. What are you opinions about this matter?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
One thing I can say is that it is good to acquire enough experience before you can decide to start your own business either you are an engineer or a doctor. this gives you the opportunity to see how business is being run with your profession. then you can go ahead to start your own business after acquiring enough knowledge of the business.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The job that you will choose should be directly proportional to the type of skill or knowledge that you have. You cannot go into banking job while you study language in school. That is the reason why people go for teaching job because that one requires you to be able to teach what you have been taught as well.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
The type of job you are going to do must be in line together with the one to read while you are in the university or college. This means that if you are a pharmacist then you have no other place and to work in a pharmacy or in the hospital. This is very important as you will be able to put what your learnt into practice in that environments.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Like some people have stated it is important you choose a job that you have experience about. When you choose a job that you don't have experience on, you will definitely not do well. Having experience and the right knowledge will give you the opportunity to be competitive and reach the highest level.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
When you first start out by working for other people in your industry, you are going to learn how to relate with the customers and their mindset. you will also learn simple way to retain customers for a long time which you can eventually apply in your business when you establish.

Good luck

Verified member
One must have a very good idea of business one will want to venture into to avoid having problems later in future.people do not do their visibility studies very well before doing a particular business which make them run bankrupt.You need to know what you really want when it comes to choosing a business.You need the idea of such products.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
After acquiring places in degree from the university or college, it is very vital to work in an environment that will enhance your real world experience about the things you learn in the university. For instance, if you are a political science student should be good to work for government agency. This will give you a real life experience.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
When I am trying to get employment I want to try to get employment based on what I have a good understanding about that is my area of interest. With this I'll be able to plan for my life better and understand how to organise it to suit a lot of things in my life. going into something that is not my area of interest is not the best for me.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There are some people that always go for what they don't really have experience on. It won't be too long before they blow off. I could remember a friend of mine that was employed as a further maths teacher because he read physics in school but the fact is that they may be related by they are diffrent

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Choosing your first job can really be a tasking experience. Especially since you are on entry level and so you are so young at building your career. Sometimes, people opt for going to jobs just for the money and not necessarily to build a career. Which is great for financial stability, but at some point, you should start looking for jobs that build on your career.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
If I am just starting out in the job market my first focus is to acquire enough experience in the industry I found myself. After a while I will look for another high paying job then I will try to negotiate my salary due to the experience I have acquired working for other companies. This will give me more capability to make more money and receive higher salary.

D

Deleted member 28127

You can simply not found a vacant post in software engineer or work with a doctor then you work something else is waiting for finding a place where to work it is not the end of the world. But major of people may refuse to work in something that is not in their speciality but this will complicate the situation.

Suba

Staff member
I often encounter this in my daily life, in general, people from villages who move to big cities looking for work do not immediately get jobs that match their skills, they will usually work anything to survive or just as a stepping stone before they find a suitable job. with his skills.