What would life be like if money grew on trees?

We all want money to be available anytime we need them, most people believe the world is unfair since the distribution of money makes some more prominent and known in the society. This makes one think the only solution is to equalise money so it would be distributed equally. They believe with this it'll help tackle the world's problem and boost the economy. But this is not true, what happens in the case where money is always available for people to spend? What if money where to grow on trees? One thing people don't understand is that the value of money lies on the exchange we make, not to spend it but to earn it. If money were to grow on trees, I wouldn't bother collecting a $2000 note given to me for a simple work of walking your daughter to school. "Why would I want your money when I have a bunch of them growing in my apartment"?. No one would like to do minor jobs since everyone now becomes a boss or his/herself. It would be very catastrophic in the society, no one would even bother looking for jobs, this will have a negative impact in the economy as the growth would decline rapidly. The exchange of goods and services would become impossible as you literally have one one who would bring your orders to your doorstep. This is what I think the world would look like if money were to grow on trees.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
Wow,i really love this thread title.Money growing on trees?Well,for me,i think there's advantage and disadvantage of this.Life will be enjoyable though, because no one will be looking for his or her daily bread as it's going on now.But come to think of it,if possibly money do grow on trees, probably everybody will be rich,then who will be selling in the market?lol.

Plucking money from trees,will push us to do things like building houses and more.if possibly money do grow on trees who'll be the one building our houses when everyone is on money.

Increase rate of laziness will be much bro, because nobody will be chanced to learn a particular skill or profession,in this way,the increase of laziness will be much.

So for me,i think our life and world will be extremely corrupt.

I also have another thing in mind,if possibly money do grow on trees, tress in particular will be scarce o.Lol

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
The fictional thinking for money to grow on trees , in other words could be described as the art for money to be
un-scarce , plentiful ,and in abundance They are unscarcity of money to most people is considered as a good economic idea , but they forget to note that the scarcity of money has positive effects to the economic and financial well-being of a particular country . Money is normally scarce for some reasons , an important reason why money is scare is to enable people to work hard and develop positive habits like industriousness , hard-working , creativity skills , and social awareness etc .

But imagining the fact that money is not scare will lead to devastating and negative impact to the economy because due to the availability of money in abundance a lot of people will develop no love for working in order to earn a living , and also unscarcity of money could lead to the encouragement of importation since industries will not be in existence as a result of abundance of money in circulation . Finally the economic stability of the economy will be drastically hindered , inflation is prone to occur as a result of too much money chasing too few goods .

E

eldavis

It sounds good, like the perfect fairytale but the reality of things is that the world would be in chaos. You might be wondering how, if everyone has their tree why would there be chaos. First and foremost, people work just so they can make money, now imagine a world where no one has to work before making money? Who would render services?
There is also the greed factor, there would be lots of persons who might not be satisfied with their tree, and would want to acquire that of others, this could lead to unnecessary killings and flights. There would be some who would want to own it all just so they would be the number in in the world.

funmi

Verified member
Hahaha, this really sounds so funny indeed money growing on trees will not be a bad idea at all, infact I will be extremely happy if money could grow on trees and I believe life will not be as difficult as it is today. Everyone will be rich. But the only danger of this would be that the real essence of money will be forfeited as people will no longer work hard to get money. Of will make so many people very lazy.

The beauty of money is it scare nature if becomes so cheap then it will lose of original value. Unless the government will have to look for ways to regulate the way such trees will actually grow. Because people will abuse the way things are done due to the fact that everyone will be extremely rich and this will lead to further disaster in the economy. This will make us to even eradicate so many things like market and business in general as no one will want to work, today one of our primary purpose of working is for us to be able to earn money and this money starts growing at the back of our houses no one will be interested to work or run a business.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
There will be too much of money in the circulation and this will lead to hyperinflation. Hyperinflation is a situation whereby the price of everything keeps skyrocketing at a particular place within short time.

By the time money grow on every trees, money will be come valueless and the commodities will be more valuable. The reason is that too much of money is chasing a few amount of goods and all the things needed.

People will never care about money anymore but it will not be beneficiary to everyone.

There was a time I was reading about hyperinflation which occurs in Germany. A story is told in which someone wants to go and buy a loaf of bread in the bakery with a truckload of money.

The man parked his truck on the side of the road just to pee in the bush. By the time I came back in met all his money on the floor and someone else has Qatar airway the truck.

He wept bitterly because no amount of money can buy the drug as they are made of good steel and irons. Life will become tired if every tree we have grows money.

Life will not be enjoyable for the people as everyone will be thinking of getting rid of too much money they are having.

Marks Kevin

How does it sound that you wake up every morning and just by one click receive some money in your account as the life time return on your investment?
Is 2.5% to 7% daily return Ok to you? or 5% to 10%?

Rachael

Verified member
This is hilarious but I try to use my sense of imagination to picture how such scenario would be. If money grew on trees, I think it would not be easy because our politicians would endeavour that the common do not even have access to trees and the generation yet unborn might not even know or have an idea of what a tree could look like because they will hoards the trees for their own generations. You might think that money growing on trees would be fun and reduce the inflation rate but it would not certainly because the money might fall once in a season just like fruits, it has its season of boom and also has the season where there is no productivity, In fact, the situation would be worst that what it is right now. Humans would have built their houses on trees, so that the money could fall directly to their beds or they will take the trees and plant on their heads if such is possible through scientific methods. There is no body that will not do anything it takes to make money if it grew on trees, and the birds of the air would certainly have no place to build their nest because man will not tolerate any enemy.