Loans When do you actually need a loan?

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Loan is meant to provide a soft landing spot when unforeseen circumstances looms. It will help you recover from losses, or better put, help you recover your business from falling into slump. You will need a loan when your business needs to expand and you don't have capital to do that. This will expand your business and it means more profit
Yes....If you have a loan as a back up when your business about crumbling at least you will something to reckon on. Just like the saving Angel lol. But it's better to make amends on what's diminishing your business, when you receive the loan, because if not, you may end up looking for another loan.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
As for me, I don't really take loans because I don't like taking loan because of the interest rate. The only time and period I think it is wise to take a loan is after setting up a business. And when you have been running the business for some time, then you can now take a loan to boost the business or improve the business or take it to the next level.
Taking a loan for the expansion of your business is a very wise thing to do. A loan should be taken for something that will yield interest not something that won't.....If you borrow a loan it has to be for propagating a business that will be profitable inorder for the bearer to be able to pay back the loan.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Last time I borrowed from a friend it was for investing in the share. I used the loan money to buy shares and paid the loan after a couple of months by selling the shares for higher profit. When I invested in my business, I had enough savings so I did not require a loan. But I might get a loan when I decide to buy a house.
Lucky for you to have a good and reliable friend to borrow you cash not everyone has got that privilege.....And what you did with the cash was reasonable enough to have invested the cash into shares and made your profits, is a very wise and smart thing to do. As per buying a house, if you live in a country where getting a loan can be easy, then no probs.

funmi

Verified member
As for me, I don't really take loans because I don't like taking loan because of the interest rate. The only time and period I think it is wise to take a loan is after setting up a business. And when you have been running the business for some time, then you can now take a loan to boost the business or improve the business or take it to the next level.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Last time I borrowed from a friend it was for investing in the share. I used the loan money to buy shares and paid the loan after a couple of months by selling the shares for higher profit. When I invested in my business, I had enough savings so I did not require a loan. But I might get a loan when I decide to buy a house.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
When I was younger I got saddled with several debts that I had a hard time in paying. I availed of a personal loan in the bank where I was working. The term was 2 years which enabled me to pay all my debts. It was a fresh start because the monthly installment was very affordable. That saved me from the piling up of debts.
Well you were very lucky to have had the opportunity for the loan. Loan can some times very helpful especially if you are choked with debts. But what I'm concerned about when it comes to loan is to have a sustainable job that is paying you well enough, so someone can be able to have something to offload the current loan. If not for your sustainable job, it couldn't have been easier.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was younger I got saddled with several debts that I had a hard time in paying. I availed of a personal loan in the bank where I was working. The term was 2 years which enabled me to pay all my debts. It was a fresh start because the monthly installment was very affordable. That saved me from the piling up of debts.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I don't like taking out loans too but the issue I's that sometimes you can just do without it especially when all else fails and there's no other.way out.if you have to expand your business you would need to get loan if you can't get it from family or friends.so. I will go for a loan for a business expansion
Some decisions in life are unavoidable. Circumstances and situations makes us to do some things that seem irrational but it's the right thing to do. We just have to be optimistic, that everything will be okay. Loans sometimes are not what we wish for but life can push you to taking loans. You can't watch your business crash all because you don't want a loan.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I don't like taking out loans too but the issue I's that sometimes you can just do without it especially when all else fails and there's no other.way out.if you have to expand your business you would need to get loan if you can't get it from family or friends.so. I will go for a loan for a business expansion

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That's it! But if your business is crumbling and You have tried so many places to get a loan either from families or friends, and you couldn't get any help from any of those and the only option for you is to get a loan from outside or loan firm, and you refuse to do so, then the implications will be dire too, because you will have to watch your business crumble....So you will go for a loan without even thinking about the implications. You just have to be an optimist!
Perfectly said. As a business owner i can't let my mini business crumble just like that. I'm optimistic that the business can make me be financially free tomorrow when the transition period is over. That will require extra funding from me, and more determination to carry on. In order to get money to stand the business will be taken loan, when that's the only alternative left to stand a dying business.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
That's where the problem store, if you borrow and never meet up the deadline, that's an implication. That's why I'm wary of such, cos the failed deadline, attracts conditions that is more disheartening indeed. It might make a promising business to crumble down to zero cos collateral will be taken, leaving the business owner with huge mountain to climb.
That's it! But if your business is crumbling and You have tried so many places to get a loan either from families or friends, and you couldn't get any help from any of those and the only option for you is to get a loan from outside or loan firm, and you refuse to do so, then the implications will be dire too, because you will have to watch your business crumble....So you will go for a loan without even thinking about the implications. You just have to be an optimist!

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Well said! To keep a business running is not really easy. A lot of issues may rise up during the life span of a business. Which can shift us to getting a loan unavoidably. Getting a loan or borrowing doesn't sound so hard, but major place where the issue lies, is repayment of the loan. A loan could be taken for any reason, I'm not against any reason why a loan should be taken or not. What I'm after is the repayment.
That's where the problem store, if you borrow and never meet up the deadline, that's an implication. That's why I'm wary of such, cos the failed deadline, attracts conditions that is more disheartening indeed. It might make a promising business to crumble down to zero cos collateral will be taken, leaving the business owner with huge mountain to climb.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Their are time when a business owner, may run out of cash, the only alternative for such business owner will be going over to the mortgage table his or her proposal for the loan. Get the loan and use it to solve immediate business needs in order to keep the business afloat. When the plans are well executed the business owner repaying the loan won't be a major problem.
Well said! To keep a business running is not really easy. A lot of issues may rise up during the life span of a business. Which can shift us to getting a loan unavoidably. Getting a loan or borrowing doesn't sound so hard, but major place where the issue lies, is repayment of the loan. A loan could be taken for any reason, I'm not against any reason why a loan should be taken or not. What I'm after is the repayment.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Their are time when a business owner, may run out of cash, the only alternative for such business owner will be going over to the mortgage table his or her proposal for the loan. Get the loan and use it to solve immediate business needs in order to keep the business afloat. When the plans are well executed the business owner repaying the loan won't be a major problem.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I know many of us resort to loans whenever we think, we are in need of money for some things. Some believed that when you are short of money, that's when a loan should be taken.

Although, I know a loan can be very helpful, in so many ways, especially in dire situations. During that period, we may think, that's the high time we took a loan. But circumstances and situations varies in life that actually determines if a loan is the way out.

I personally don't like loans, as I know some of the commercial firms in it, just want to burden you with more loans, so you wouldn't have to capabilities of paying back as they know your collateral is at stake. I prefer to ask for support from families or friends than going for loan.

When do you think a person actually needs a loan for real,?

what will be your right reasons for taking up a loan?

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Loan is meant to provide a soft landing spot when unforeseen circumstances looms. It will help you recover from losses, or better put, help you recover your business from falling into slump. You will need a loan when your business needs to expand and you don't have capital to do that. This will expand your business and it means more profit

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
That's my argument with girlfriend yesterday. I don't do project that I can't afford finacially. I am a realist. While some people believe in what they have not seen, I believe in what I have seen or about to see. If the project is beyond me finacially, I don't do it. But if it is compulsory, I borrow from my family members only. I hate embarrassment from outsiders, I can still condone my family embarrassing me.
I fancy your discipline....If everyone is like you, they will be saving their selves a lot of embarrassment. I think it's advisable to anyone to go borrow from family members than going outside borrowing which will or may result to embarrassment, if the person failed to keep to the end of the bargain, as the time of repayment. Very nice

D

Deleted member 28127

You need a loan when you want to unleash some certainty that might have arisen due to present situation one is facing.Loan is meant for pressing issues not for luxurious life style.It is so sad a lot of people get loan to do ceremonies like burial,birthday,etc thinking of getting some returns after the program.
The last sentence is not clear, getting some returns after the program can vary, if you are thinking about HYIP websites it is not good at all because this is scamming way, if it is about invest in renting referral on a PTC it varies if it is serious or scam website, if it is a loan to invest on running a website it varies like a shop website.

Good luck

Verified member
You need a loan when you want to unleash some certainty that might have arisen due to present situation one is facing.Loan is meant for pressing issues not for luxurious life style.It is so sad a lot of people get loan to do ceremonies like burial,birthday,etc thinking of getting some returns after the program.

Richee84

Loan is actually what I will not encourage people to take unless for a profitable reason. I can only take loan to expand my business which will further bring in profit for me. I can not take loan for anything that will not profitable to me. I can't take loan to buy material things that will not generate income for me to repay back the loan.