Where did you first learn about bitcoin?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Bitcoin is the king amongst all at her coin, the bitcoin is so power that a fall or rise in the bitcoin affects all other coin.

Crypto currencies has really gained alot of momentum and this is what we have on almost everybody's lips today. Although many still do not understand the nitty gritty of the concept. did you stumble on crypto currencies by accident or did you learn it by trial and error. Is there a definite place you learnt about crypto.

For many it was merely coincidental as they never really planned that they were going to be traders or they will be involved in the crypto ecosystem. While for others it was carefully planned and well designed by them as they exacted somuch effort in spending their resources to learn about the crypto space.
Where did you first learn about it?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I have heard the word bitcoins when it was launched in 2016. I was into a popular hyip then and it paid with bitcoins but since I didn't know what it is all about or have premonition that it would be the talk of the people in the following 2 years, I didn't take it serious. Then in 2020, I started investing in it throughba paid to comment website that always pay in bitcoins.

Sammyesx

I heard of bitcoin in a seminar I attended which I was invited by my friend, It was hosted by luno, I think as at that time they were still doing publicity, trying to get more people into the crypto market, they also gave out 2000 naira worth of bitcoin to people that already had a wallet with them.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I have been hearing of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency for a long time even though, I never knew how it worked. I got to know about cryptocurrencies and how it really worked during the Corona virus pandemic lockdown and of course during that period, I really made a lot of research about how to make money online.

A K Rao

Bitcoin is the king amongst all at her coin, the bitcoin is so power that a fall or rise in the bitcoin affects all other coin.

Crypto currencies has really gained alot of momentum and this is what we have on almost everybody's lips today. Although many still do not understand the nitty gritty of the concept. did you stumble on crypto currencies by accident or did you learn it by trial and error. Is there a definite place you learnt about crypto.

For many it was merely coincidental as they never really planned that they were going to be traders or they will be involved in the crypto ecosystem. While for others it was carefully planned and well designed by them as they exacted somuch effort in spending their resources to learn about the crypto space.
Where did you first learn about it?
I have come to know about the Bitcoin through my nephew who is an Engineering as he is investing and trading the coins. Since I am not able to understand the concept clearly I am keeping myself away from investing in these coins. I am trying myself a lot to educate my self about the Bit coins. There are still many grey areas about these coins because of which I am keeping myself away from these coins and doing a business with them!

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I have heard about crypto long time ago, around five years ago but i never put my interest cos no one was willing to teach me, that's why i didn't know it back then. I never knew it has existed for note than 10 years ago before i finally got in touch around BTC first, and from there i got to know about other coins. All this happened early last year 2020.

ritajane21

I have never heard about cryptocurrency. But some years ago, my friend invested their money in cryptocurrency but which one don't know. When we talked about it and I got some basic details from him & the rest and deep details got from Cryptalks Application by signing up. Now, I have 5X the money that I invested. For me, bitcoin is best but after the consideration of the Cryptocurrency live chat application

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I became aware about Bitcoin in 2016 and I was like it's another scam. So I never paid so much attention to it. After few months I became interested and I started working on faucets.....on Freebitco and I was claiming big then, but I lost interest after a while bbecause the value of my Satoshis worth nothing and I lost interest.....Had I know!

Josemendez

Verified member
I have always heard about bitcoin from people and didn't seem it fit to read about it until in 2018 when I first received payment in bitcoin from a paid to post site called forum coin. When I received the payment , I was forced to read more about bitcoin . This was where my journey of cryptocurrency began . Though back then I wasted the bitcoin because I don't fully understand it then.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I learned about bitcoin when a Canadian client asked me in 2016 if I would like to get paid on coinbase. I did not know Coinbase, therefore, I performed quick research and discovered that it is a bitcoin wallet. I had also never heard of bitcoin and after quick research, I was interested in trying a cryptocurrency for the first time.

Putta Vince

It was during 2017 , I got to know about Bitcoin from a user in Quora social media website. He was talking about ways to make money online and mentioned Bitcoin at first. Since then , I searched on net , on how to earn free bitcoin , then got to know about freebitco faucet , from there I was completely into the bitcoin and crypto world

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
My knowing about bitcoin and crypto currencies was a result of my labour in online earning activities, more emphasis on forum posting as it is the first successful online venture that I have tried and it has been working fine for a very long time now without me having any problem.

@Ahmedo24 was the one who referred me back then to beer money forum and also recommended my first crypto currency wallet, luno, as one I could use to receive my payment there when ever I got to the minimum amount set for withdrawing one's earning.

This is what paved way for my Being able to learn so much about crypto currencies. My being active on different forums and reading the varying opinions of people has contributed so much to the knowledge that I now have as it is not easy to just think about how to consume tons of materials trying to learn what is bitcoin and how it works to also influence the economy of the whole world, and also the price of other cryptocurrencies that I learned were referred to as altcoins.

In all, I am grateful to have found this opportunity that is still working for me even after 2 years already.

Suba

Staff member
I got to know Bitcoin for the first time in 2012 through a faucet site, so I can create a Bitcoin wallet, around 2015 I joined the Bitcointalk forum, and in 2016 I joined the cryptotalk forum and started learning crypto trading. That's why until now I am happy to join crypto forums especially to increase my knowledge about the crypto world. also share.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I was working offline before a friend introduced me to paid to post platform ( trendri ) This platform has really help me in so many ways most especially to understand about bitcoins and cryptocurrency generally .

Even before I came to understand about trendri , I have been hearing of bitcoins and cryptocurrency generally but I have not really for once taken my time to research about it to understand fully how it works and how people can benefit from this innovative technology.

As I came to read about post and comment of people here , I have come to understand so many things about bitcoins, the volatility of bitcoins is what I understand when I was opportune to receive my payment in bitcoins sometimes ago. I came to find out that the price was fluctuating and was not stable at all which indicate that a lot of people could use this for their own advantage.

gmrcrypto

The article of someone paying for pizza in huge btc caught the attention but due to the credibility of btc at that time has restricted me from exploring btc

Protension

I first learned about Bitcoin in 2012 from a friend who was interested in alternative currencies. At the time, I wasn't particularly interested in the concept and didn't pay much attention to it. A few years later, in 2016, I started hearing more about Bitcoin in the news and from friends, and began to take a more active interest in it. I started researching Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, and bought my first Bitcoin in 2017. Since then, I have become increasingly involved in the cryptocurrency community and have made a number of investments in various cryptocurrencies.

Imran Noori

Verified member
I learned about Bitcoin on YouTube, whenever I watched some videos about it I got more interested in it, after that I wanted to learn more about crypto and started researching about it, it all started on YouTube.

Ayeshabashir

Actually in 2020 my friend told me about the bitcoin. She was working on cryptotalk at that time where she got money in the form of bitcoin. This was the time when I heard about the bitcoin very first time and literally I had no idea about this .

But when I joined this website and started working on this then I got know about more information about the cryptocurrencies then I realized the importance of bitcoin. After this I did more research on this then I was able to know that bitcoin is the king of all other coin due to its high prices although its price is unpredictable and volatile but it will gives you profit if you want to make an investment. Then I made my binance account in 2021 where I received payments.Now , my tendency to earn bitcoin is incredibly increasing day by day so that I will able to get more profit from this

Last edited: