Where To Invest?

A K Rao

I want to invest some money for the purpose of making money in the form of appreciation, interest, or dividends.

For that I have got three ideas in my mind. First idea is to invest in the gold, next one is investing in the Bank's fixed deposits and the last one is investing in the Crypto currency.

All the three types mentioned above have pros and cons which I am discussing here as follows:

I feel it is better to invest in the gold because it is a metal which is used by every country and treated as fiat currency. This currency will always have a demand in the international market. But the growth of the Gold is not equivalent to the interest paid after some achieving a certain cost in the market. So it looks like I may not be interested in the investing in Gold.

Next thing is investing in the Bank's fixed department which is safe and it yields better interest than when investing in them. But here the investing in the Bank is investing our genuine money in the bank where nowadays the fiat currency is no more backed by the Gold and the currency is printed by the country as per the need. That my money invested can lose its value and even credibility because of this.

The third idea of investing Crypto is looking lucrative but I don't have clear idea about the crypto currency I always feel fear or doubtful about investing in them and trade. Though the rates of appreciations that are seen in the market are very attractive I am afraid abut the volatility and security of this currency.

Could you kindly advise which invest would be best and why to invest?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I don't see bank fixed deposit as a means of proper investment. The return is just like starving yourself when you have money but decided to lock it in the saving box, will such bring you better interest? My honest answer is No. I never see any bank fixed deposit savings that offers annual interest of 8% like some crypto exchange sites does. The best place to save or invest your money should be buying potential stocks, or crypto.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My wife has corporate stocks worth more than $20,000 and it is not really gaining profit with the price in the stock exchange but she receives a dividend every year. She considers herself as a part owner of the bank so she doesn't want to sell and is satisfied with the meager dividend that she receives. Oh well, I have no quarrel with that.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are in the countries like China, India, or even Nigeria, it is best to avoid investing in Cryptocurrency. China and Nigeria have banned crypto transactions and India has previously banned crypto currency and it is trying to ban again. Before investing in crypo currency, you need to check your country's law.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I think the part that you have decided to take is actually the most wise path. Dividen and appreciation investment is going to actually expose you to a lot of things that you will later find very useful in your investment career. You should not just invest in any kind of stocks though.