Which age is acceptable for pension in your country?

Naz

There are different rules and timing to apply for pension in all countries. Some countries like to give Pension in early age while some countries accept old age to give pension.
Mostly people get pension between 55-60 years. But it's not applicable for all countries.
I want to ask ,what is the acceptable age of pension in your country?

IamDozzy

In my country Nigeria, the retirement age is usually when one clocks 60 or has spent 35 years in service. After this time then are given their pensions in installments. They government wouldn't pay them their pension at once so that they would not squander it. The paid in installments every year till it finishes that way pensioners would be able to manage their pension money.

Hina

In the EU Member States, the most general retirement age is 65 years. Spain, Germany and France are about to raise their retirement age from 65 to 67 years, while the goal is 68 years in Britain and Ireland.

Increasingly, the retirement age is being linked to life expectancy. In addition to Finland this mechanism is available in Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal and Slovakia. Also in Britain, after mechanical increases, the retirement age will rise taking life expectancy into account.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Our government pension starts at age 65 and the requirement for the contribution is at least 10 years. It doesn't matter where you work as long as you give your regular contribution to the pension agency then you will be qualified. But you cannot request for a pension if you are younger than 65 so you just have to wait for that age.

Samuel72

Verified member
Over here in my country at the age of 70 to 77 is acceptable for you to get pension but some people choose to get their pension at the age of 55 to 60 because of quick illness or quick old age and also once you have worked for the government for 35 years and above you can get your pension anytime you want.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You must work for 35 years or you retire when you clock 70 years in my country. The policy has been criticised on many grounds but nothing has been done to change it for now. Though I am not in any way against the policy because working for 35 years and starting running pension with that years is still somehow okay.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
From 60-70 years is the age bracket for civil servants to bow out of service. But 60 years is the age a civil servant can seek to go on a retirement. Then 70 years is for those working in an advanced job that guarantees that, it varies. Some work place that is owned by the government can guarantee civil servants 70 years as the average age to retire.