Which type of passive income do you prefer?

Suba

Staff member
In simple language Passive income can be interpreted as an income that is obtained without having to actively work, or only requires small activities. If we have passive income, it means we are preparing for the future to be financially independent. Passive income is often called a silent investor.
In my opinion there are 4 types of passive income that we need to try, including:
1. Crypto, investing in crypto is not only waiting for capital gains but we can also include the crypto we have to participate in staking, so we will get new crypto, or at least we can save the crypto we have to earn interest.
2. Paper Assets, for example deposits, stocks, or mutual funds that can provide interest or yields even when you sleep.
3. Joint venture, you only need to give some money as an investment for a business, without having to actively work, such as mobile service, laundry business, opening a food stall, mini market, etc.
4. Property, such as renting out houses, shops. land, inn etc.
Whatever type of passive income you choose, of course it must always be developed so that finances remain safe, the investment value can increase in the future.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It has always been real estate for me. Because sometimes the interest or profit is just massive. The best bet is to first invest in property in choice areas then sit back and enjoy the ride. in my country real estate agency is a lucrative business because people are always looking to buy or rent property almost every day

it seems people no we really understand the benefits of owning property so they are investing heavily in real estate. Real estate is a very good way ot gaining from passive income. if you rent out your houses you might not even want to work 9-5. You would just focus on your real estate and make good money even while sleeping.

I'm really saving every penny I have now because I want to buy a home. I hope by next year a time like this I will succeed at it, I really want to do this.

Shaf

Verified member
My favorite passive income source is having property and renting it out. I don't own any yet, but my partner does and it requires so little work after the initial investment put in that it's totally worth it.

Cryptocurrency would have counted, but it requires keeping up do date with the market and learning everyday if you want to earn more. I would consider it an active income source but one that pays very well.

Another is having a blog where you have products for sale. It also requires a lot of initial effort and constant maintenance, but it can be outsourced so you don't work a lot.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I have always preferred all of these investment opportunities, except the paper asset one. This is because it is associated with earning interest and earning interest is forbidden in my religion. However, I like the financial investment opportunities offered by the Islamic banking system because they never involve any kind of interest and they provide pure profits based on investors' investment pools. There are many other ways Islamic banks allow a person to earn halal revenues that do not involve any kind of interest. I also like cryptocurrency investment opportunities and trading strategies, despite being risky.

I have already developed a great cryptocurrency trading strategy and I really hope to generate passive income using that strategy. Investment in real estate is also one of my favorite businesses, but it requires you to have hundreds of thousands of dollars as the rates of property are really high and only big investors can invest in such kind of business. As far as join ventures are concerned, I have never heard of any such investment opportunity, so I would like you to clarify more about it. Do you mean forming a partnership based business and creating a joint venture? I would usually prefer to avoid forming such partnerships.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
These days with the situation of things in this country, one can not survive with a single means of income mostly if you are below the poverty line. The situation is getting worse by the day and I just don't understand why things are getting this bad and the government of this country is not doing nothing about it. In fact to me it seems their inadequacies are the root cause of all the economic woes of this country. The rate at which the prices of everything is skyrocketing is alarming, as if we are been used as a tool in their hands and they are using us for an experiment to see how much torture they can actually subject the human mind and human beings. Well, this is why it has become very imperative for everyone to really look for a way of doubling their hustle. Who ever that wants to get that additional stream of income must be ready to work very hard. For me i work full time online and all the income online are all passive income. I depend on crypto currency trading to get that needed push to get myself and family home. But sometimes I add up other offline activities like I am into supplies aswel.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Well, I prefer paper assets, because if you understand how it works you'll be able to make a fortune out of it with out really doing anything literally.

Before I thought these things are difficult and they don't yield much but when you go deeper you'll realise it is really deal and it is way better than any investments you've listed up there maybe only real estate investment can come closer.

If a bank has a fixed deposit tenure for 5% monthly maybe for a minimum opening balance of #500, 000 that's just 50k monthly and I don't think it's a bad bet for not doing any single thing.

But where it gets juicy is when you have. A lot of money for example if 10M your return on investment will be 500k every single month, and you can use this as your salary to take care of yourself which is even way too much monthly even if you live lavishly.

That's why I always advise people to go into business that you can make crazy money then use your profits to make passive money that's the path to financial independence, not doing these businesses that everyone else is doing and still barely getting by.

Setho

VIP Contributor
There are a lot of passive income ideas out there but then it is not everyone that is suited for you . This is why it is important to know the one that fits with your profile and also the one that you think can be able to provide you with the right amount of money that you will need within the shortest possible time.

1. Rentals . I so much believe that renting out properties that you do not need is one of the easiest ways of making passive income. You can always give out your car on weekends when you are going to be at home with your family for somebody to run cab-hailing services and return profits to you at the end of the day .

2. Start a blog . You can always start a blog during your free time where you can be posting like two or three articles every week and then monetize it for the rest of your life. There are a lot of tools that are going to help you in running things like this and you do not need to do so much before you can be able to create a basic and unplagiarized article.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I prefer share market investment. I have invested in share markets and I not only receive dividends from my investment but the fiat value of my stocks has also grown over the years. I have been investing in the share market for 4-5 years. I have also invested in crypto but my investment is a loss. I invested in ADA when the value was $2.56, and now it is less than 90 cents. How much money did I lose when my 500 ADA? Apart from ADA, I have invested in a number of other crypto-assets including Matic, BCH, ETH, etc. Shiba Inu and I have lost a substantial amount of money.

Setho

VIP Contributor
There is particularly no doubt that there are a lot of passive income ideas that you can be able to capitalise on and make money on the internet today. Generally there are a few that I think are much more better in terms of risk-to-reward ratio and the return of investment .

Blogging is the first one that I think people should always consider because it is very cheap to start wait and you also are going to be learning a lot of things from it . You can be able to start a blog with hosting for as low as $50 and then dedicate yourself to posting like three articles every week . Your website is going to be having close to 300 article by the close of the year. You can then choose to monetize it with Google adsense and be reaping the rewards forever.

You can also be able to make money with cryptocurrency farming and liquidity pools. You are going to enjoy this one a bit better if you a lot of money that you want to invest in. You can be able to find it this kind of services in exchanges or go to the defi website directly.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
cryptocurrency is probably one of the best passive income idea currently provided you have the right knowledge and understanding of how it works.

I developed interest in cryptocurrency around 2020 and since then it has really become a great journey. if you have some money there are many cryptocurrencies you can buy on platforms like binance and stake them for a very good profit.

This is one of the best passive income ideas because you probably don't need to do anything again in order to make money.

Another passive income idea is affiliate marketing. A lot of people say that affiliate marketing is very hard and that is probably true but if you can be able to learn the necessary things then you can actually be making an enviable income on monthly basis passively as an affiliate marketer.

If you have a blog, then doing affiliate marketing from your blog can be a very great way of making money because you will be making money on Google adsense and at the same time promoting affiliate products. This is one of the best passive income strategies I want to be using to make money in the nearest future.

I also have some interest on print on demand business using redbubble and some other platforms

Konul

For me the real estate investing is an excellent passive income venture you can begin. However, you may need money to put some work into your personal finances before making this a realistic passive income opportunity.
But you will also need to have a good credit score, and relatively no debt. This will increase your chances of being approved for a loan at a financial institution. Once you have these factors set in stone, you can then proceed to putting down a 5% to 20% down payment on a home. After you own real estate properties, you can begin renting them out to help pay off the mortgage and provide you with extra money on the side.

Janetj

Renting out for sure. Providing something that people can't due without for long periods of time provides a pretty steady stream. Not sure if there is a better way but as of today, this is what I prefer.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have done all of these. I have invested in digital asset (crypto) and I have staked all my assets to earn passive income. I have invested on paper assets, and I earn dividends from my stocks. I have also invested in businesses that give me passive return regularly. I also rent out a room in my apartment to make additional passive income. But none of these are my favorite passive income sources. I don't earn a lot of passive money through digital assets and paper assets because I have invested only little amount, furthermore, crypto and stocks are not always profitable. I don't have a car, a house, a land to rent out to make a lot of money. I can only rent out a room in my flat. I also don't earn a lot of passive income through joint venture businesses. I like to make passive income through digital products.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
From the look of things now cryptocurrency may not really be trusted because it will not keep on generating money for you since the price of cryptocurrency is extremely volatile. .
Take for example some people who invested in bitcoins when it was around 50,000 dollars and now they are counting in lost and they are not even sure of when the price of bitcoins will rise back to the original price they have bought.

I don't know of what circumstance that could make people to generate money passively with cryptocurrency except traders who will have to be sacrificing their time to be trading every day and it's not something that can be set up for it to run automatically without direct monitoring.

Making money is not easy , it requires a whole lot of time and dedication to be able to reach a point of generating money passively and I do not like generating money passively offline.