Who is an Accounting officer?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
As a business man one need to know the meaning or the work of an accounting officer.
An Account officer can be describe as officer of a Ministry or Department who upon receiving an appointment or acting appointment as a permanent secretary or Head of an Extra-Ministerial Department is consequently designated and appointed Accounting officer for Ministry or Department.
Function of an Accounting officer shall include:
- Ensuring that proper budgetary and accounting systems are established to enhance internal control, accountability and transparency in his Ministry/Department.
  • Ensuring that the essential management control tools are put on place to minimize east and fraud.
  • Ensuring the safety and proper maintenance of all government assets under his care.
This is part of the work or duty of an Accounting Officer. I will like you to add to this.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well for me I believe an accounting officer is one thst is designed to take care of all the financial aspect of an establishment, a parastatal or a department. It is the duty of the officer to see that the assets and the liability of the company is in consonance with what it should be. It will help reduce fradulent activities

anil02

Verified member
As a business man one need to know the meaning or the work of an accounting officer.
An Account officer can be describe as officer of a Ministry or Department who upon receiving an appointment or acting appointment as a permanent secretary or Head of an Extra-Ministerial Department is consequently designated and appointed Accounting officer for Ministry or Department.
- Ensuring that proper budgetary and accounting systems are established to enhance internal control, accountability and transparency in his Ministry/Department.
  • Ensuring that the essential management control tools are put on place to minimize east and fraud.
  • Ensuring the safety and proper maintenance of all government assets under his care.
This is part of the work or duty of an Accounting Officer. I will like you to add to this.
Not only is government office, private sector also have accounts officer. Accounts officer is person who is responsible to maintain accounts of a company, or institute. Dealing with tax authority, banks and other financial insititute is also duty of financial officer. In these days in big business more than one financial officer is possible

Sammyesx

An Accounting Officer handles the financial record keeping of an organization. Accounting Officers prepare invoices, record payments, and manage the expenses of the organization. They are also responsible for the following Maintaining and reviewing financial records.
Ensuring compliance with accounting and tax laws.
Preparing budgets regularly.
Monitoring expenditure and profits and providing reports.
Evaluating internal management systems, procedures and risks in order to provide recommendations.
Managing business accounts and preparing financial statements.

anil02

Verified member
Which work an accounts officer handle, it is depends on size of business house, In a small business house there is only one person who is called accountant and he preform all work you mention. But in a large business house there is many accountant and may be possible more than one accounts officer. There work is divided among the all accounts officer and than to accountants

Teatea

An accounting officer is the one in charge of all the money going in and out of the company, business or establishment. The position of an accounting officer is a very delicate one because any error can result in loss. Financial records, income, cost, expenses, payroll of employees are all monitored and balanced by the officer. It is also important to hire a competent person to handle this role.

springtech

Just an the name implies, an accounting officer is one who has the rights to adjudicate rightly and is in charge of the finance of an organization, be it a church,mosque, family, socio cultural organization, business entity (sole proprietorship, partnership, private or public limited liability company). He is the individual saddled with the roles of ensuring that the financial books are well kept, with respect to debits and credits, assets and liabilities. Keeping records of daily expenses, weekly spending and every kind of expenditure the organization undertakes.

eojo2401

Accounting officer is the person in charge of financial and monetary activities of a business entity or institution. He must make sure that the day to day financial records of the business or organization or institutions is recorded properly, summarizing, analysing, kept and made available to the stakeholders when needed.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
An accounting officer is someone that handles all the financial records of an organization and prepares the payroll accounts of all the staff, And carry out the function of a financial management. And makes forecast of financial flows, he prepares all the financial records, such as the comprehensive income statement, the balance sheet. Etc.

anil02

Verified member
I am qualified accountant and also work as finance and accounts manager, accounts and finance manager or a senior accountant never write accounts books are to pre-pare pay roll. his work is supervision of others accountant work. But it is also right an accountant of small business how do all these works.

An accounting officer is one who takes record of the financial activities in the company, he or she make sure the income and expenses of the organization is accurate , the accounting officer also takes care of the organization tax, pension and also the payment of every staff accordingly taking care of receipt and payment

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have some units of Accounting subjects in college so I know the functions of an accountant, a bookkeeper and an auditor. When I had my business I was the one doing the ledger in recording the sales and purchases that we do. It is a retailing business and it is not easy to manage if you do not know how to do the recording properly.

Mellorando

Banned
An accounting officer is a person who keeps financial data example financial transactions, financial operations, and financial activities of a particular organisation and interpret the financial stability of the business it is the work of a financial officer to keep regular books of accounts of the business