Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Pseudonymous developer of world's first digital currency Bitcoin, and implementing first Blockchain, is unknown since the start.
1626888125197.png
There are some Possible Names who can be Satoshi Nakamato -
  1. Gavin Andresen - To whom Nakamoto gave control of the source code repository and network alert keys before disappearing in mid-2010.
  2. Hal Finney - With whom Nakamoto completed first Bitcoin transaction.
  3. Dorian Nakamoto - A Japanese American, Neighbor of Hal Finney, his pet name is Satoshi, making him official Satoshi Nakamoto.
  4. Nicholas "Nick" Szabo:- An American Computer scientist, who published a paper on decentralized currency "bit gold" in 1998.

There are countless other possible Satoshi Nakamatos out there, even Businessman Elon Musk and Crime lord Paul Le Roux are named as 'could be',
What are your thoughts on this? Who could be the real Satoshi Nakamato?

arunima25

Verified member
There has been a lot of speculations around that. Even some feel that he might be dead. And many have a speculation that it might be group of people with the name. But for now speculations will keep doing rounds. People will keep guessing.

Josemendez

Verified member
Well , the issue of the identity of the popular bitcoin creator has been a difficult one for most people. The fact is that it won't be easy to reveal the identity of Satoshi Nakamoto because it can cause issues in the cryptocurrency world. Political issues may rise especially if he is from a low tier country. It is better his identity remain unknown

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Lol....Well so many people could be that guy or could be the group. Many people have been claiming to be Satoshi lately. But I think many of those people may not even be him. Most richer and wealthier people may not know him, but definitely we will have few people who does.

And the guy that named his dog Satoshi, was it after the invention of Bitcoin or before?

MoneyMaker1

Satoshi Nakamoto is the name used by the presumed pseudonymous person or persons who developed bitcoin, authored the bitcoin white paper, and created and deployed bitcoin's original reference implementation. As part of the implementation, Nakamoto also devised the first blockchain database.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
And the guy that named his dog Satoshi, was it after the invention of Bitcoin or before?
Satoshi is a real Japanese name, so using such name still gets no guarantee., there are hundreds of pets with given name. There are many people who have birth name as Satoshi, it is just the surname "Nakamato" , yet even this surname is Japanese. Korean singer Yuta Nakamato is also originally from Japan.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I do not think the creator of bitcoin Satoshi Nakamoto is a name of a person. I believe it is a group of people identified as Satoshi Nakamoto. Developing blockchain involved a huge work and I believe blockchain that paved the way to create the first crypto currency, is not the work of a single man, a lot of people should have worked on it.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
I do not think the creator of bitcoin Satoshi Nakamoto is a name of a person. I believe it is a group of people identified as Satoshi Nakamoto. Developing blockchain involved a huge work and I believe blockchain that paved the way to create the first crypto currency, is not the work of a single man, a lot of people should have worked on it.
I thought about that too, but then I come to the decision that, if multiple people were involved in developing bitcoin, then why not even one of them appeared and informed about the group. Anything that is created by a group is not always secret. Craig Wright who claims to be Bitcoin developer Satoshi Nakamato, also gave no proof.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is interesting because even the identity of the supposed creator of Bitcoin is also in cryptocode that needs to be deciphered. That is very creative of those people that the identity of Satoshi is now a guessing game of sorts. I have no speculation on the matter because I don't think it is material to me whoever he may be.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
When a creator hides identity, then this means there is something, and when it is revealed, then there is something out. Till now only Craig Steven Wright has claimed to be Satoshi Nakamato, Although, Australian police and Tax department raided Wright, but most of Bitcoin developers are now claiming Wright's claim are hoax.