Selling Who makes more profit an wholesaler or a retailer?

What are you selling? Give details about the product you want to sell.
D

Deleted member 28873

An wholesaler do sell a product with little profits on it cost price but they do sell in bulk while a retailer do sell to the final consumer.Wholesalers are the merchant middlemen who sell mainly to retailers, other merchants, commercial, industrial, or institutional users. They buy principally for resale or business use.

The wholesaler’s business model is based on being the intermediary – the go-between. They operate between a product’s manufacturer and other businesses that want to sell that product.While a retailer, or merchant, is an entity that sells goods such as clothing, groceries, or cars directly to consumers through various distribution channels with the goal of earning a profit. This merchant can operate in a physical building or online.

Ekuvero

It all depends on the demographic location of both trader if the demand for the commodity is very high and he is needed to supply good to people outside his own region can't be compared to a retailer who might be at loss if there is a huge fluctuation in the price of commodity in his location the wholesaler won't Be hooked up directly in such mess cause he is directly involve with the company who manufacture the goods and he would be told before he embarks or supplies the retailer.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
This is a very important question. But I think the wholesaler is the one who makes more profits because he supplies the goods to many retailers and he has a vast market to cover. Retailers are usually confined to one location and this might hinder them to make more profits. However, if a retailer is at a good location, then he may earn more than a wholesaler if the supply of a wholesaler is limited.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Its the retailer that makes more profit because they sells to the consumer at a very high price and after buying in bulk at a very low price from the retailer , so they are the ones that will now add their own gains per number of products they purchase i think

Adetayo100

I think it is the retailer because they sell directly to the last consumers and they can fixed any price for there goods and commodities, they also control the market too, it depends on how good a retailer location is that determines how much goods he sells in a day, the more goods sold the more profit a retailer makes.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I think it is the retailer because they sell directly to the last consumers and they can fixed any price for there goods and commodities, they also control the market too, it depends on how good a retailer location is that determines how much goods he sells in a day, the more goods sold the more profit a retailer makes.

As I mentioned in my comment, a retailer might not earn that much if his location is not that good. However, a wholesaler can definitely earn more if has a good market range and if he can distribute his products in a wide range of area and complete sales. The problem with retailers is that they are usually confined to one area and this is a disadvantage for them.

Planet408

I believe a wholsaler makes more profits than a retailer. Even though the wholsaler makes a little amount of profit but then, he always makes more sales than the retailer who has higher profit margin per product. People from different zones or streets comes to the wholsaler to make their purchase

OlaAdams

An wholesaler do sell a product with little profits on it cost price but they do sell in bulk while a retailer do sell to the final consumer.Wholesalers are the merchant middlemen who sell mainly to retailers, other merchants, commercial, industrial, or institutional users. They buy principally for resale or business use.

The wholesaler’s business model is based on being the intermediary – the go-between. They operate between a product’s manufacturer and other businesses that want to sell that product.While a retailer, or merchant, is an entity that sells goods such as clothing, groceries, or cars directly to consumers through various distribution channels with the goal of earning a profit. This merchant can operate in a physical building or online.
Well stated!
I am of the strong opinion that the manufacturer is the one ripping most of the money. As with the case of the retailer he/she does little work in the process of trading compare to the manufacturer.
The manufacturer is the one who uses raw materials to produce useable finish product, the manufacturer base on the capital used in the production of product is the one who gets to decide the price the product is been sold to the retailer.

Another important link between the manufacturer and the retainer is that if the manufacturer sells his/her product to the retailer at low price the retailer will gain more by selling at a higher price to the consumer. And this can be vise versa.

Dorcey

A nice question. in some cases wholesalers are d one who gain much profit because they buy directly from the company at a cheaper rate or price and supplies the retailers at their own convenient price while retailers buy at a costly rate or price and will still have to reduce their prices for there customers due to the cost price.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Technically the wholesaler makes more profit and he or she determines the quantity the he or she will sell and sometimes determines the price of the product, more so they sell in large quantity which translate to more money.

Shigobad2020

Who gains more depend on the location in which the product is going to be sold , naturally retailers gain more than wholesaler, because wholesaler sellsell so in packs or dozens with little gain per pack while the retailers will sell one by one and gain even more than the wholesaler.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
I think they retailer will make more profit or more money than the wholesaler, listen I will tell her you can buy a product with 500 naira, when he or she wants to sell out the product to the final consumers, the retailer may decide to sell at the products to their customers at the rate 700 are the standard profit but sometimes luckily for them they may find a customer which they may sell the product at the rate of 1200 naira selling at the product at this rate gives the retailer more profit.

ALEX5399

Technically the wholesaler makes more profit and he or she determines the quantity the he or she will sell and sometimes determines the price of the product, more so they sell in large quantity which translate to more money.