General insurance Who should be the beneficiary child or wife?

MOSIUR

Both children and wife are important in insurance policy!
Insurance is now one of the discussing phenomena in our life. It is playing a very significant role as a great helpful weapon. In some places, there is also a negative image of insurance companies that we cannot catch them easily as they are much cleverer than we are. However, being careful of whether they are a scam or a legit, we are to advance to be engaged ourselves in them.

At the time of applying or registering, we are to mention beneficiary on paper or agreement. Generally, people choose it either for children or wife. A few people choose others as beneficiary.

Some people think that a wife can be divorced at any time, so; children should be the best. On the other hand, some people think that a child being matured can be disobedient or create a bad relationship particularly after marriage, so; wife should be the best one. What do you think about it?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This may be a dicey situation but I will answer it personally because my answer may surely be differ from other people's opinions. Before I can choose a beneficiary to any of the insurance policy, I must consider the type of insurance policy. If it is business insurance, it may be my child to continue the business while others will be my wife.

Nite

Valued Contributor
Your insurance beneficiary should be those who you trust the most, and who you really wish to receive the financial benefit. And, if your have a good relationship with both your spouse and your child, then you can name your spouse as the primary beneficiary and your child as the second beneficiary.

Good luck

Verified member
It depends on who the insurer put as the beneficiary.most times people use their wife which is a very close relative while some people use their children.You hardly see someone using distance relative for such due to family problems that may arise when the insurer is gone.so preferably,it is better to use someone that is trustworthy between the wife and the child.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Although the child would have been better , because using old people for such is certainly a big risk , because there are more possiblities of the person been close to death compared to the young person ,and also it depends on the person you trust the most and you can pick

Chibson

VIP Contributor
If I was in such a situation then I will definitely choose my child to be as the beneficiary. This is because children have a lot of life ahead of them and they definitely need coverage especially if they have been matured enough. It depends on individualities and other types of conditions.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Well In a case like this, it depends on the position they both hold in the insured life. I mean the wife and the kid. If we take a good look at it. I think it is wise to make the child the beneficiary because he or she still has a long way to go

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Well In a case like this, it depends on the position they both hold in the insured life. I mean the wife and the kid. If we take a good look at it. I think it is wise to make the child the beneficiary because he or she still has a long way to go