Why cryptocurrency price crashes on weekends

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Experts predicts cryptocurrency to crash weekends and if you closely follow crypto market at weekends you will surely agreed that truely cryptocurrency crashes due to the bearish behaviour of investors on weekends. Here are the reasons why crashes tend to happen
1) volume of transactions at the weekends.
Transaction volume is low at weekend because investors cannot add money to their account to trade as banks closes weekends. Also , Elon Musk's who's tweet wave a hand over the crypto space can also cause a spike on the volume of trades. However, volume rises as Asia banks open on sunday night into monday as US banks follow

2) Trading on margin
Volume drops when investors trade cryptocurrency on margin. This is when investors borrow money from exchange and must pay back when the price dips to a certain level called the margin call. This will trigger a sell-off of the digital currency by the exchanges to cover up the loan. Moreso, investors couldn't pay back borrowed funds due to bank closure at weekends
3) market manipulation: This is still attached to speculation but is believed to happen during the week. They fake sell or buy order thereby artificially influencing the price of cryptocurrency creating a false demand and supply. However the spoofing is not proven yet. It usually influences the price of cryptocurrency to rise.
Do you believe these are the major cause of the dip weekends . What's your take on this?

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
He made a statement that further arose concerns around the virtual currency. He openly supported dogecoin and denounced his love for bitcoin by calling for upgrade of ideas on the dogecoin.
His statement sharply increase the price of dogecoin making a remarkable rebound In the coin's price. He's busy joking around the digital currency
But i dont like the fact that he is joking around the digital currency ,because people funds are stake and because of hus recent tweet many acvoubt were liquidated due to the fall and others ,i really hooe he stops tweeting about bitcoin and others for a while ,so he will not create fear in the market anymore i think and it wont be another issue for investors,for now the price of some crypto have dip ,am really hoping for more recovery

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
I experience it during the weekends, i confirmed too from the Admin of this forum. He told me that, the market falls mostly during the weekends, those who buy during the weekends and sell off during the Mid-week have chances of success. I believe the coins have dropped down during this weekend too, it will be wise to take advantage of this weekend fall.
It's the right time to make a move. This will put something tangible on our account balance. Their is high hope that bitcoin might record a little rise in the next two months as there are rumours that the IT department of Tesla issued a statement that, they will buy more bitcoin. I hope it's not speculations

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
I noticed that too and i feel that one of the intruging factor and major cause is that most traders dont like trading during weekend ,since thats even when the forex market closes ,so they find that period as their relaxation period and others ,instead of trading then ,they would postpone it to the next week to make the money they want to make and invest causing a huge spike in price
Weekends is the time to rest and focus on the family . They never juggled their relaxation with trading at weekends. Transaction volume will tend to rise from sunday night into monday morning when all banks are fully operational.
Merging call contribute a lot to the low volume of transactions at weekends too because the price dips at that period giving rise to a must pay back loan.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It's the right time to make a move. This will put something tangible on our account balance. Their is high hope that bitcoin might record a little rise in the next two months as there are rumours that the IT department of Tesla issued a statement that, they will buy more bitcoin. I hope it's not speculations
It might still be possible that Tesla motors company can still fund more into their portfolio of owning more BTC. Elon musk is simply one for the investment that will bring money. Elon musk might have delisted BTC payment as option to purchase his own Tesla cars, but it doesn't mean that he won't be investing again. He is doing everything now to please him and increase his wealth, not just for me and you. But if you follow the whales talk, and invest at the right time you might join them to earn money when their investment have reached their expected mark for profit.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
It might still be possible that Tesla motors company can still fund more into their portfolio of owning more BTC. Elon musk is simply one for the investment that will bring money. Elon musk might have delisted BTC payment as option to purchase his own Tesla cars, but it doesn't mean that he won't be investing again. He is doing everything now to please him and increase his wealth, not just for me and you. But if you follow the whales talk, and invest at the right time you might join them to earn money when their investment have reached their expected mark for profit.
I really do not see him accepting bitcoin as an option of payment for Tesla's electric car anytime soon. The point he raised was very vital for environmental protection and I do not see cryptocurrency mining safe for the environment either. It's going to be very tough for bitcoin to recover.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There may be so many reasons why keep the currency is always crash on weekends. One of the reasons may be that some institutions such as banks do not work on weekends in some countries and this will make a lot of people note to transact and buy cryptocurrencies. if that is not the case then I think cryptocurrencies should always rise on weekends because people will trade more when they are not working.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To be frank, I haven't witnessed or noticed this. But I don't think weekends should be the appropriate time the market should be witnessing low turn out but after reading all your points why the case may be so, I cannot do anything than to believe. I may notice this because I am not a trader of cryptocurrencies. I only keep it for some time before selling it.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I really do not see him accepting bitcoin as an option of payment for Tesla's electric car anytime soon. The point he raised was very vital for environmental protection and I do not see cryptocurrency mining safe for the environment either. It's going to be very tough for bitcoin to recover.
It might be hard and difficult to see him accepting bitcoin as paymenf option ,but when talking about environment protection ,the space rocket and others he is using are not environmental friendly ,because thry also affect the environment ,he is using that as an excuse to pave way for dogecoin useage i noticed that

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
It might be hard and difficult to see him accepting bitcoin as paymenf option ,but when talking about environment protection ,the space rocket and others he is using are not environmental friendly ,because thry also affect the environment ,he is using that as an excuse to pave way for dogecoin useage i noticed that
He made a statement that further arose concerns around the virtual currency. He openly supported dogecoin and denounced his love for bitcoin by calling for upgrade of ideas on the dogecoin.
His statement sharply increase the price of dogecoin making a remarkable rebound In the coin's price. He's busy joking around the digital currency

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I noticed that too and i feel that one of the intruging factor and major cause is that most traders dont like trading during weekend ,since thats even when the forex market closes ,so they find that period as their relaxation period and others ,instead of trading then ,they would postpone it to the next week to make the money they want to make and invest causing a huge spike in price

goldnvibe

thanks for the info OP, could you suggest a good crypto platform
Experts predicts cryptocurrency to crash weekends and if you closely follow crypto market at weekends you will surely agreed that truely cryptocurrency crashes due to the bearish behaviour of investors on weekends. Here are the reasons why crashes tend to happen
1) volume of transactions at the weekends.
Transaction volume is low at weekend because investors cannot add money to their account to trade as banks closes weekends. Also , Elon Musk's who's tweet wave a hand over the crypto space can also cause a spike on the volume of trades. However, volume rises as Asia banks open on sunday night into monday as US banks follow

2) Trading on margin
Volume drops when investors trade cryptocurrency on margin. This is when investors borrow money from exchange and must pay back when the price dips to a certain level called the margin call. This will trigger a sell-off of the digital currency by the exchanges to cover up the loan. Moreso, investors couldn't pay back borrowed funds due to bank closure at weekends
3) market manipulation: This is still attached to speculation but is believed to happen during the week. They fake sell or buy order thereby artificially influencing the price of cryptocurrency creating a false demand and supply. However the spoofing is not proven yet. It usually influences the price of cryptocurrency to rise.
Do you believe these are the major cause of the dip weekends . What's your take o

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yes, today is a new day, and new week starts from today being Sunday. Its nice you've taken your time to buy cake coin. Let's watch and see how it goes, and expect it to go higher in price and balance the law of supply just as you said. I'm optimistic that the coins will see green plus, in the coming days.
The green you are talking about has already manifested itself ,there is a tweeted statement that Elon musk has reconsider accepting cryptocurrency like bitcoins for payment of Tesla car, everywhere is green; bitcoins has reached a new heights of 40,000 dollars and we're expecting it to keep moving forward.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The green you are talking about has already manifested itself ,there is a tweeted statement that Elon musk has reconsider accepting cryptocurrency like bitcoins for payment of Tesla car, everywhere is green; bitcoins has reached a new heights of 40,000 dollars and we're expecting it to keep moving forward.
Laughs, the green is everywhere now. I've seen it, the last time i checked it the price if BTC was $39,000 in the last 12 hours. If the green will keep on shining for long and the coins moving up. It will really make sense a lot, at least we'll recover from the bearish run that slashed our investment almost half.

Finger Geek

Verified member
Like someone said. It is an assumption. But looking at the three reasons, it might actually be part of some of the reasons why the price declined during weekends. I also noticed that the price do declined during weekends. This has been another strategy for me in trading. Meaning I buy in weekends and sell later.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Like someone said. It is an assumption. But looking at the three reasons, it might actually be part of some of the reasons why the price declined during weekends. I also noticed that the price do declined during weekends. This has been another strategy for me in trading. Meaning I buy in weekends and sell later.
I have been using the strategy for some weeks now and it really worked for me.
The volume of transactions around cryptocurrency is usually on the low at weekends majorly because banking operations closes at weskend and investors can not acces5 funds for trading .

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The volume of transactions around cryptocurrency is usually on the low at weekends majorly because banking operations closes at weskend and investors can not acces5 funds for trading .
The volume of transactions around cryptocurrency is usually on the low at weekends majorly because banking operations closes at weskend and investors can not access funds for trading .
Margin call also contributed largely to the price dip at weekends , as exchange tends to sell-off the digital currency when investors can not pay back the loan

Finger Geek

Verified member
You are right. I never knew that it is because of bank operations been closed for weekends that makes the price of bitcoin to declined on weekends.
But this has been working for me also. I have been making trades on weekends and selling on week days. But sometimes it doesn't work like that.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thank you for the write up, because even me I have been thinking of the reason why this is always so, I didn't know this is actually what is happening, I always believe that the reason why the price of cryptocurrency always crash in the weekend is because everyone has relaxed and most people who are traders are enjoying their weekend.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Thanks for the info OP. I see you are very informed on Crypto, keep up the good work.
It's high time we study the behavioural patterns of the major players . This will help us predict the tide correctly . It seems the cryptocurrency market is directly proportional to the behaviour of the game changers. I just received an information that Tesla wants to buy more and more bitcoin in the next 1-2 months. I hope it's not speculation as their is no evidence on this statement

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I observed this sometimes back when we were advise to sell off in one group I was a member of, but I refused to sell only to realize that it is really true.
I do not also understand why the price usually tends to drop always on weekends as I was thinking weekends should be the best time for the market since a lot of people would want to trade since they must have been busy all through the week.