Why do big companies give a regular vacation trip to their executives?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was working in a bank that’s where I learned that our vice president would usually go abroad for a paid vacation (airfare and accommodation are courtesy of the company). It was hard to understand because I was just a new employee although later on I realized the rationale of the vacation.

By the way, the paid vacation trip is only granted to top notch executives. In the bank the marketing officer who gets a lot of big clients are the first in the list. The HR officer said that a vacation is actually a relaxation for the tired mind of the executive but the real purpose is to gain the loyalty and confidence of the executive. That may be the reason why now that we are in the pandemic the vacation trip is converted into cash.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is a way an employer needs to be promoting his employee. This will be a way of earning their loyalty. It always common in some multi national companies. Though some time they only want those too notch executive officers to have some break may be they see them as being overwhelmed.

Good luck

Verified member
As you rightly said a big company,such company must have attained a greater heights in term of financial obligations that can warrant the organization to be able to foot the workers trip to any country for vacation.It is also of a great benefit to such company to have a better idea of how things are done in other part of the world.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In my home country, the only companies that give their employees paid vacation leave are the banks. This amenity is not offered by any other companies, including the government agencies. The paid vacation leave is not only offered to the high-level executives, but also to the low-level staff, including the watchman and cleaner.

Jonaville

I believe the gesture is just a way of showing appreciation to them for their efforts for that particular year. Of course lower-ranked employees can't enjoy the same type of benefit but eventually if they work at they too will find themselves at the top and before you know it, they're also going on vacation!

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Big companies want their staff to work efficiently and always become productive. You can be efficient and productive only when you feel relaxed, you are happy, and your mind is calm. Going for vacation just ensures that. That's the reason why big companies give a regular vacation trip to their employes.