Earn Money Why does lower tier country users earn low amount via freelance sites?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I don't think their is any member or user coming from the top tier country that will accept to write contents above 1000+ for just $4-$5? That's poor for a freelance writer to go about writing such kind of long article.

When writing such, you can't just write about anything that comes in the mind, you'll need to think in order to create wonderful and scintillating article that will make the client begging for more. And such low amount in the guise of $4 can't be enough to entice a writer from the lower tier country to continue writing.

To be frank, you'll feel demoralized to write such kind of lengthy and demanding article on any niche selection for such kind of low amount. Top tier country users can't go with such amount writing a lengthy article for anyone.

Do you think the third grade country freelancers are downgraded via freelance marketplace sites when concerns payment for tasks?

Setho

VIP Contributor
This is a particular observation that I have not really keep a close eye on period the most important thing in freelancing is how good you are and I believe that if you are top notch then people will pay you any amount of money. I only know that YouTube is a platform that pays based on geographical location.

Mr Done

Writing is a skill, takes quite much to improve to a level anyone would want to pay you hugely for, so it is so discouraging to be a good writer who earns so less after much session of critical thinking, iterations and mental stresses. Freelancer writers in the third world countries aren't paid well, but what are we going to do? We need to make money.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
The major reason is that most of the clients don't think that the freelancer from the third world countries are capable of handling their tasks. The clients have it in mind that this freelancer from the third world countries are in the market place just to make money. These are the reasons why they avoid the freelancers when it comes to technical jobs.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
One of the things that makes people to accept such offeris because they are just venturing into freelance a newly. $5 for a 1000 word article is quite very small and no one that knows his worth with do such a work. this is not even tier 1 or lower tier, I know someone from this part of the world that charges $30 for 1000 word article.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Some people from low tier countries also asked for low fee for the service is there rain down in the marketplace. They always think that this is the best way to attract clients to themselves. Beside that the little fee they are asking for is more than enough when they convert dollar back to their local currency. Some people are ready to offer services as low as $1 as this amount means a lot to them.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
This is a particular observation that I have not really keep a close eye on period the most important thing in freelancing is how good you are and I believe that if you are top notch then people will pay you any amount of money. I only know that YouTube is a platform that pays based on geographical location.
Bro it use to happen in fact some times this people will even tell you that they will pay you $1 per articles and they will like you to write it good.
This people will go and use this same article they collected with ordinary $1 to make a lot of money even some will still sell it to other company.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Some people from those countries are lazy and just after making dollars without Reading to put in the work. As a result they end up receiving bad review and making no money on freelance platform. You will often see them complaining that it is tough to make money as a freelancer.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
You must not dispute the fact that freelancing site is very competitive and if you are a startup , you shouldn't be charging that high. All you need to do is to attract employers to get reviews. You should write a very good article for small amount first and you should ensure that the lines are with precision and carefully laid-out and also very engaging and attractive . This will go a long way to giving you a positive review on freelancing sites and if you have gotten enough clients then you can raise your charges a little bit . That is basically how to make money on freelancing sites. A newbie that does not have reviews to its credit cannot make money . You just have to lower your price so that it will be the first point of attraction to your employer and you must ensure that you do not look at the money, you should write very good content and it will definitely speaks in volume for you . Ths is basically what I think about the topic and I know that it is different from the views of so many people that have commented on the thread.

Mika

VIP Contributor
An American will probably never write 1000 word article for $4, however, someone in India might be willing to take that contract and write 1000 words article for $4. Do you know why? Well, that's because of purchasing power parity. In the united states, $4 will not buy you a decent lunch, however, in India, $4 will buy a decent launch. The value of USD is higher in developing countries (or low-tier countries) compared to developed countries (or high tier countries). When it comes to writing (mainly writing in the English language), clients will prefer to pay more to freelancers with English language backgrounds compared to freelancers with non-English backgrounds. This is understandable that the natives are thought to have better language skills compared to non-natives. However, for skills that have nothing to do with language, you are discriminated. For example, a graphic designer in Nigeria can earn as much as a graphic designer in the UK.

Shigobad2020

I don't really know the main reason why tied tier country always eaen less from freelancing websites, I was even maybe the freelancing sites thinks we dont have what it takes to superceed the first and second tier countries in the aspect of writing good and knowledgeable articles which is totally wrong , or maybe they think we don't have enough resources to do better than the first tier country . Though i know freelancing site is a very competitive one which you have to work hard in order to get a job , and what also realises is that after buying good articles at a cheap price from a third tier country , they sell it at a high price somewhere else.
I also realised that the third tier countries were not given the opportunities of making money through the survey sites , we are always denied of making money from survey sites which i still dont know the main reason for that until the present moment .

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I don't think that's true. If you check freelancer sites like Fiverr and Upwprk, you will see that freelancers from the developing countries (low tier countries are earning really high). One of the reasons why freelancers from low tier countries work for low amount is because of purchasing power parity, which refers to the value of money in terms of purchasing power. In simple term, $1 can buy more things in developing world compared to developed world, therefore freelancers are willing to work for low amount. This is not the fault of the freelancing platform, in fact the freelancers are trying to use the value of USD to their advantage. If you are new, you might have difficulty in getting contracts, however, once you gain some reputation you can charge as much as you can. If you check the freelancers on FIverr, you will see freelancers from developing countries are charging as much as freelancers from the US.