Earn Money Why don't schools teach students how to make money?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Our schools seem to be in the Industrial age and have not come to terms with the reality of this our modern world. They still teach students to read hard, get good grades so they could secure well paying jobs upon graduation. This is not usually true as a lot of graduates get disappointed in the end when they realize that there are no jobs waiting for them like they were told in school by their teachers.
These youths then end up in a confused state since they did not spend time learning how to build wealth or learn skills that would enable them to do so.
Some of them later end up taking job offers that underpay them, thus ending up in a state of dissatisfication.

I think it is time for schools to focus more on raising graduates that would be financially literate and able to learn how to explore different opportunities to make money .
What do you think?

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I think the purpose of being in school or the fundamental reason why anyone would go to school is to make money.

So... literarily, you are in school to make money for yourself when you are through.

So I wouldn't say you are not being thought how to make money in school.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
School is different from money making. You are in school to acquire knowledge inorder to standout. The primary purpose of been educated is not to make money but to be equipped to face future challenges. However, it's true that we will want a well paid jobs after we graduate but it doesn't end there. You can not misconstrue education for money making

Mertayasa

In my opinions, actually we learn how to make money. But they way our teachers give us knowledge about how to make money is quite different. For example we learn about math or foreign language in school in generally. Those lesson we can practice in our live to make money , such as we will have good skills in accountants or we can speak others language.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It is not the teacher's fault. I am only trying to point out the area that the government have failed to work on and it is not helping in breeding productive youths who can make money without relying on jobs.
Government need to reevaluate the education system and come up with something better that it currently is.
Do you really think that it is necessary for government to make it so ? or do you think this could be the result of higher unemployment in our society today ? I don't think so because any potential student that is serious in making money will understand that there is no job in the country, he or she should look for a business to start.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
yes at the tender age I think education is the most important thing before money because with good quality education there is a higher possibility of getting money,if you're saying that teachers should teach students how to make money then how do you want the teacher to go about it ?
It is not the teacher's fault. I am only trying to point out the area that the government have failed to work on and it is not helping in breeding productive youths who can make money without relying on jobs.
Government need to reevaluate the education system and come up with something better that it currently is.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Do you mean education is the most important thing compared to Money? Seriously no, there are so many people who are in school today because they are of the belief that they would secure a well paying job upon graduation, so you should not say school is the most important thing.
Schools should still breed financially literate students, this would even ease the burden on the government about job creation.
yes at the tender age I think education is the most important thing before money because with good quality education there is a higher possibility of getting money,if you're saying that teachers should teach students how to make money then how do you want the teacher to go about it ?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
School teaches you how to make money indirectly with your time through those written words that is sharpening us up to understand how to chase after money with the right mindset. It doesn't run teachings like we learn everyday on forums about making money. It is on different standard format, with curriculum how lessons should be planned.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Understand your points perfectly but let's look at it in this angle,if a school teaches students how to make money and the student knows the concepts of making money,do you think those student will not pursue how to make money and abandon the education which is the most important thing ?
Do you mean education is the most important thing compared to Money? Seriously no, there are so many people who are in school today because they are of the belief that they would secure a well paying job upon graduation, so you should not say school is the most important thing.
Schools should still breed financially literate students, this would even ease the burden on the government about job creation.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Our schools seem to be in the Industrial age and have not come to terms with the reality of this our modern world. They still teach students to read hard, get good grades so they could secure well paying jobs upon graduation. This is not usually true as a lot of graduates get disappointed in the end when they realize that there are no jobs waiting for them like they were told in school by their teachers.
These youths then end up in a confused state since they did not spend time learning how to build wealth or learn skills that would enable them to do so.
Some of them later end up taking job offers that underpay them, thus ending up in a state of dissatisfication.

I think it is time for schools to focus more on raising graduates that would be financially literate and able to learn how to explore different opportunities to make money .
What do you think?
I have thinking the same why the curriculum of schools hasn’t been changed to meet with today’s demands. People need to know more about skills and how to be financially independent. It shouldn’t just be about certification and paper qualification. Business and skills should be taught in schools to make people more self-reliant.

Dora Wi

I do think that more real-life skills should be taught in school because even if you are a straight A student, life can slap you in the face once you start providing for yourself.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
This is not true, students need money and some of them do not get enough support from their parents because their parents do not have much money to spend on them as one would expect.
When schools try to make their students understand the concept of money and how to use it to make more money, the students would become financially literate and disciplined too.
Understand your points perfectly but let's look at it in this angle,if a school teaches students how to make money and the student knows the concepts of making money,do you think those student will not pursue how to make money and abandon the education which is the most important thing ?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Financial Education is very essential in both primary and secondary level
It makes them to be financially independent and also be able to manage resources.Pupils or students need to know how to think when it comes money.A lot of student lack financial stability that is why they spend extraordinary.
I am happy reading this comment because you appear to be the only one who understand what my intention for writing this post mean. I was not saying schools should just focus on money, but they should encourage students to learn how to use money and have money work for them.
I believe the major reason why the schools do not teach students about money is because most of the teachers are not rich themselves as such they cannot give what they do not have.

Good luck

Verified member
Financial Education is very essential in both primary and secondary level
It makes them to be financially independent and also be able to manage resources.Pupils or students need to know how to think when it comes money.A lot of student lack financial stability that is why they spend extraordinary.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Well the reason is because a student at that stage do not really need money since the parents are taking care of them and if you introduced a way of making money to them they might get carried away and they might want to practice what they have learnt which can easily take their concentration away from the actual learning.
This is not true, students need money and some of them do not get enough support from their parents because their parents do not have much money to spend on them as one would expect.
When schools try to make their students understand the concept of money and how to use it to make more money, the students would become financially literate and disciplined too.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well the reason is because a student at that stage do not really need money since the parents are taking care of them and if you introduced a way of making money to them they might get carried away and they might want to practice what they have learnt which can easily take their concentration away from the actual learning.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
To me I think the primary aim of going to school is to be enlightened about what is going on in the world and how to live a fulfill life.

If the main teaching is centre on how to make money I know the focus of the student will be shifted and there will be no concentration on how to develop them self on whatever career they choosed .
It is obvious that so many people go to school to be able to secure a well paying job upon graduation, so it all boils down to money as the main reason. If there are no jobs available, only few people would go to school for the sake of knowledge that you are talking about. Money is a daily necessity to us all.

funmi

Verified member
I do think schools usually teach students how to make money only that the students don't usually key in to it. While they are studying, it will not be too easy to mix the two together, they may not know how to the two at the same time. Because studying do take a lot of of time and effort and responsibility from students. At times in schools, they teach students some skills they can develop if there is time and make money.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
School do not teach students how to make money because it is definitely not part of their curriculum. School can teach you how to manage money and how to save money but it cannot teach you how to make money because it is definitely not part of what they teach. At least there is a school called business School.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor

What do you think?
To me I think the primary aim of going to school is to be enlightened about what is going on in the world and how to live a fulfill life.

If the main teaching is centre on how to make money I know the focus of the student will be shifted and there will be no concentration on how to develop them self on whatever career they choosed .