Why International Brands Are Much Better Than Local Brands?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There are two categories of brands in the world: the local brand and the international brand. The international brands are those kind of brands that are sold at an international level and in many counties whereas the sales of the local brands are limited to specific countries only. I have also noticed that local brands could also be limited to a specific city. A few years ago, I visited another city and I found a brand of yogurt which was not available in my city, but it was available in that city only. This means that brands could limit themselves to a specific zone or region, too.

As far as international brands are concerned, I believe that they are much better because they have a huge capital to invest in order to manufacture high-quality products. Moreover, they need to establish their image in the international market and this is why they cannot compromise on quality. I am not saying that local brands necessarily manufacture low-quality brands. However, I have noticed that majority of the local brands in certain countries indeed manufacture products that are of low-quality. So what are your experienced when it comes to using local brands and international brands?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
In the past, people thought that international brands were better than local brands. But now, a lot of people think that local brands are much better than international brands because they help to support the local economy. There are some arguments for and against this view.

On the one hand, it seems logical to think that local products are better than international ones. In fact, when people buy local products, they support the local economy and they can also help in creating more jobs for the locals. In addition, there is no need to worry about the transportation costs because these products are produced locally. For example, I live in Nigeria, and whenever I buy Nigerian products I always feel satisfied because I know that I support my fellow countrymen and women.

On the other hand, international brands are well-known worldwide. They have been tested by customers from all over the world which means that their quality is much higher than that of local brands. Furthermore, even though sometimes they might be expensive, a lot of them offer promotions or discounts on special occasions such as Christmas or Easter which helps people save money when buying.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
International brands are getting popular than local brands. There are many reasons for this trend, but the most important one is that local brands lack the required exposure to become popular. The second reason is that local brands do not have enough resources to compete with international brands, which have a lot of money to spend on marketing and advertising campaigns. The third reason is that international brands have better quality products than local brands and they can charge a higher price for their products because they have a huge customer base.
International brands are getting more popular than local brands because they have a wide variety of products and services. Aside from good quality of product that is well-known by their customers. The international brands are expanding their business in different countries to sell their products in order to get more profit. On the other hand, local brands only focus on the local market so they cannot expand their business globally.

Irina Bodan

There has never been a tougher time to compete in the e-commerce sector. Products can go viral in the blink of an eye, new brands can penetrate and take over competitive industries, and customers have little trouble shifting loyalties between corporations.

Shopping online has made life easier for many people. Not only can you get items delivered to your home, but you can also have access to a huge range of products. We are no longer limited to the range of items available in stores in our homes. As fantastic as it is to have all of these alternatives, it makes it harder to own an online store. The marketplace is becoming more saturated by the day.