Why is Money Important to Mental Health?

Shaf

Verified member
With the increasing number incidents associated with poor mental health, it's become important to find out things that can trigger such and out a stop to them.

It's been found that there is a correlation between mental health and money. It's not surprising though. Even those who are mentally fit can have mild episodes when they are financially constrained.

This week, a man in Lagos, Nigeria chose to commit suicide by jumping into the ocean over false accusations of stealing a large sum of money. He said he found it difficult to even feed and could never pay back what his accusers were threatening him to pay.

Financial problems can lead to depression or anxiety or worsen it in someone who already has the condition. It can also lead to poorer productivity and thus lower earnings, compounding the problem further.

Those who have debts find themselves stressed and unable to focus on simple tasks, or it makes their relationships with other people strained as they become difficult to deal with.

If you or anyone you know has financial problems that are affecting his mental health, it's best to seek to medical care immediately.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Money is not actually the ultimate source of happiness. But lack of it actually leads to the feeling of insecurity. Anyone who is always feeling unsecured will not be mentally stable

With the surge of economic hardship these days, I have noticed that the rate of mad men am seeing has greatly increased and that is because people do not have money with them leading them into a state of mental retardation.

If you do not have money, you won't have peace of mind and this will make you do many funny and abnormal things which will end up in making you have mental disorders

So I seriously agree that money is needed for the sustenance of a good mental health cos I have seen clear signs that lack of money leads to mental disorders even if not at a very high level but it surely damages the normal function of the brain and your psychological well being is threatened.

JasonCherry

It was very interesting for me to read something like this. I don't believe that money it can bring happiness, but we can buy everything we want that money, even puppy)

Suba

Staff member
Many people who make money as a benchmark, economic difficulties in a household or marriage will also be destroyed if they cannot meet their daily needs. even I often hear the news that many beautiful celebrities who sell themselves just for money. But I think as long as we want to try to make money we will always get money even if it's only a little, the important thing is that we must be able to adjust income and expenses. Not only poor people or people who are in financial difficulty who get mental illness, there are also many people under the guise of charity seeking wealth for personal gain, this is greed, so mental illness caused by money is not only depression but also there are others such as greed, envy heart, hedonism etc.

anil02

Verified member
In these day life is some more stress and tension than earlier it is the reason than peoples having more mental health problems than earlier. Mental health is also important like other health of other parts of body. It is not possible to cure some mental health problem so we must be some more care full for it. In these day peoples have not time for them self so it is also cause of health problem. They are doing only one thing job and spending too much time on mobiles.

Weas

What is well-being? I believe it is a sense of security and lack of fear of the future. It is the belief that all is well now and is likely to be well due to one's own initiatives and efforts.

To the extent that money keeps the wolf at the door, that it will continue to be available, and that dependents are protected from hunger, cold, suffering, frustration and deprivation, money contributes to well-being.

anil02

Verified member
No doubt in these security of future is cause of worry and unrest for most of us. But if we have not any person with whom we can share our worries that these will be more serious. In my country our family system is important for us but in these we are loosing it because of load of work and mobiles and computers

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Money is important to mental health because it's a way to express your emotions and make choices in life. If you're not sure what you want to do with your life, money can help you figure out how much money you need for school and how much money you'll need for food, rent, and other basic necessities.

If you need help paying for college or taking care of yourself after an accident or illness, money can help pay for therapy sessions or medication that helps with anxiety or depression. Money also helps with self-care like buying new clothes when your old ones are starting to wear out so that you feel better about yourself.

And finally, if you're struggling financially, money can help pay for things like food, housing, clothing, transportation basically anything else that gives you access to basic necessities like shelter and clothing.

anil02

Verified member
Money is important to mental health because it's a way to express your emotions and make choices in life. If you're not sure what you want to do with your life, money can help you figure out how much money you need for school and how much money you'll need for food, rent, and other basic necessities.

If you need help paying for college or taking care of yourself after an accident or illness, money can help pay for therapy sessions or medication that helps with anxiety or depression. Money also helps with self-care like buying new clothes when your old ones are starting to wear out so that you feel better about yourself.

And finally, if you're struggling financially, money can help pay for things like food, housing, clothing, transportation basically anything else that gives you access to basic necessities like shelter and clothing.
I am agree with you that money is important to survive. It is saying that money is not every thing but it have some thing which reduce tension and stress. On other hand it is also fact that money can buy food but not hunger and money can buy medicine but not health. If we search we may find many people who have huge money but not able in enjoying healthy life because of health problems.

andreerody

The link between money and mental health is real. Financial stress can take a toll on one's well-being, and it's crucial to address it. Seeking support from friends, family, or professionals can make a significant difference.