Why should I get Smartphone insured?

SaraJohnson

Hey, There Everyone!

Now the thing is that I am planning to have a visit to Indonesia and Malaysia and never have insured my smartphones and electronic gadgets as I have always considered these as not important enough, but now my friend is insisting me to have these. So please tell give me suggestions, which should I have in order to get my smartphone insured. Do give suggestions for companies that offer markdowns for these insurance expenses as well. Like when I was surfing the internet, I looked into some from the list and thought love it cover it discount code as the best among those. So, do let me know if there is any better one too :)

Nova

I honestly don't think getting insurance for the phone under 500 dollar. If your phone is iphone which these days costs more than 500 dollars. And also the repairs may cost a lot of money. I guess those can be easily insured and also they are better be insured as the price of the parts gets expensive. So another thing is that you have to also buy the phone which has less of issue of getting damaged. Most of the apple phones are expensive so need to be handled better.

If you have money and also are in chance of having issue of the handling and the other damage that could inflict on the phone. For those I think smartphone usage and properly insuring is lot better. I honestly don't see the need personally for my own self though. I make sure to keep things safe at first place.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am not using my smart phone often because my main phone for texting and calling is still the good old Nokia. My smart phone use is only for the internet when there is a wifi in the area. My niece has bought a new iPhone which I heard costs $1,000 which is big money here that is about 6 months of salary of a laborer. She had it insured because of the cost so that if it breaks then the insurance would cover the expenses for the repair or for big technical problems the phone can be replaced. I know that getting an insurance for the phone is not practical but it gives peace of mind, no pressure and no stress. I cannot argue with that.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Well there are various reasons one could choose to insure a smartphone. Price might be the reason behind it, if it is so expensive enough to provide coverage for it, then one should purchase an insurance for it. Sometimes, it might also be the fact that the informations and data on the phone is so priceless

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
It's your choice , but note that you would be paying premiums and you have to make sure it's a costly one , so you don't end up paying premium and the less costly smartphones is not stolen , the person might regret , it's better to even save the money so if stolen you could buy new one