Why you need to build relationships as a businessman.

Etini

Valued Contributor
So many entrepreneurs behave as if they are islands. They work and operate by themselves without relating with people and stakeholders in their line of business. The need for business relationships cannot be over-emphasized. So many business people don't have the skills that would help them to establish relationships with fellow businessmen. I am not even talking about customer relationships here. I mean people that have one role or the other to play in your business. People like your suppliers, your support professionals, and even fellow practitioners of that line of business.

As a farmer, my vet doctor has a close personal relationship with me and tears my calls as important because of that relationship. There are days I have orders and I am out of stock. I reach out to my farmer friends and I meet up with the supply. It is good to build important relationships with people that you have close dealings with your business.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Actually i think am guilty of the habit of not putting in place, a good and cordial relationship between me and my fellow workers and also my few customers. May be it's because of my introvertedness but I know that regardless of that, one can still be able to build good and sound business and work relationship.

I can attest to the manifold benefits and importance that this has. You have already mentioned some of those benefits in a practical sense and that is actually true. And moreso, this is more needed and should be regarded highly by micro business owners and those operating on a non major business scale.

It is through the building of good and cordial relationship that you can make your modesty and business sincerity known. You make friends with customers and they will begin to even feel it as an obligation to patronize you and your services.