Crypto Will Bitcoin remain as the leading cryptocurrency forever?

D

Deleted member 28127

If bitcoin consumes all its forks and divisions then it will disappear letting the other cryptocurrency gain this place because in this life there is nothing that is life and continues forever as the proverb is saying for each something that starts there is the certain day that is the end of this thing.

Kingstone

Breaking the dominance that was made for more than a decade ago will not be easy. Technically it will be impossible despite many coins that are under development and have been developed in the crypto space. When it comes to the market value, I don't think any coin can match Bitcoin in the next 2 to three decades. Ethereum is the second largest but it has its pitfalls too.

Many people don't like etheruem because of its high transaction fee and. People barely invest in the coin. Dogecoin has not done any better. Ripple XRP has not been productive as expected. It is only the Defi coins that can challenge BtC

Skysaint

Verified member
While no one knows the future of Bitcoin and other altcoins, I don't think any coin can surpass Bitcoin. Ethereum is the next coin that comes close but it will take a few years for it to even come close to 5 digits. Ethereum will also continue to rise exponentially. The future is bright for both coins
Yeah, you are probably right about that. Bitcoin is the leading crypto coin and judging from the height it had attained in the crypto world, I wouldn't say it's impossible for some other coin to overthrow Bitcoin but it will really be hard and would definitely take some years before that can happen.
Ethereum is also a coin with so much potential and most crypto traders believe that if there is any coin to get to the value of Bitcoin or even surpass it then it will have to be Ethereum as the coin seems to have a lot more potential than the rest of the altcoins but who knows what will happen in the future.

Skysaint

Verified member
The name Bitcoin has become very well known and replaces all crypto names, I think Bitcoin will at least remain the king of crypto at least until it is mined in 2040, but it may continue to occupy the throne, if other cryptos are less reliable. Even though Bitcoin is the king of crypto, investors must diversify their investments to reduce the risk of loss.
You're probably right about that. So many investors today are already picking interest in so many other coins and just like you have said, they diversify maybe to minimize the chances of running at loss. Sometimes it's actually to earn better for a short term investment because Bitcoin generally is not so good for keeping for a short term purpose.
Other crypto coins might actually surpass Bitcoin but I think it wouldn't be anytime soon because as someone earlier said, nothing really lasts forever do there's still a possibility of some very potential coins overthrowing Bitcoin in position in the crypto market

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Bitcoin will rule as number one crypto currency. The market cap of Bitcoin is higher than facebook, a legit company that is operating world wide. They are even saying Bitcoin will one day surpass Gold in terms of market cap. Market cap of Bitcoin is almost three times higher than its nearest competitor Ethereum.

Mika

VIP Contributor
The current crypto market has a market cap of just about 3 trillion USD, of which Bitcoin has a market cap of just about 1.6 trillion, and the remaining 1.4 trillion market cap is held by altcoins. The nearest competitor of Bitcoin in terms of market cap is Ethereum and ETH has a market cap of about 600 billion. Now you can just analyze, why no other coins can grow as big as Bitcoin and why Bitcoin remains the leading cryptocurrency forever, even though there are a lot of other coins that are better than Bitcoin in terms of transaction cost and speed.

minenovo

I think everything is possible, some altcoin may end up being as popular with Bitcoin in time, but something pretty significant has to happen for that to occur.

raymodart

I agree that many perceive bitcoin as a synonym for cryptocurrency and other coins are unlikely to be able to acquire the same popularity

minenovo

Even if newbies saw bitcoin as an altcoin that misconception would be, I think, quickly corrected. That said, altcoins may be made in the hopes of surpassing Bitcoin, but that is yet to happen, and with Bitcoin being as popular as it is now, it may not happen anytime soon.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
It is no longer news that bitcoin is the pioneer coin. The ones new to the cryptocurrency world would see bitcoin as an altcoins. As far as cryptocurrency is concerned, the bitcoin paved the way for other cryptocurrencies. This is why cryptocurrencies could be classified into two. Namely the bitcoin and the altcoins. The altcoins are version of the bitcoin and are made with the purpose of if surpassing the bitcoin.

Victorial

While no one knows the future of Bitcoin and other altcoins, I don't think any coin can surpass Bitcoin. Ethereum is the next coin that comes close but it will take a few years for it to even come close to 5 digits. Ethereum will also continue to rise exponentially. The future is bright for both coins

minenovo

The thought that concerns me is what could be the thing that would affect Bitcoin in such a way that it loses its leadership position? And what effect it would have on the altcoins?

Nite

Valued Contributor
I wouldn't disagree that Bitcoin is currently dominating the cryptocurrency market. But there's a saying that nothing is for ever, so it's not sure how long Bitcoin's domination will prolong. Only time will tell whether Bitcoin will remain the king of all the cryptocurrencies, or would it get dethroned by some other coin.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There is no doubt that right now Bitcoin is leading the cryptocurrencies market, but recently Ethereum has been catching my attention a lot. Many experts have stated that Ethereum is surging in price much faster as compared to Bitcoin. Ethereum might never take Bitcoin's place, but no other coin can take Ethereum's place either!

minenovo

Yeah, you're right about that. The market is volatile and there is a possibility that some point cryptocurrency will cease to exist in the next decade just like you've pointed out. Nothing actually lasts forever, but I meant the possibility of Bitcoin taking the lead for a very long period of time
Exactly. That said, I do hope that the best possible scenario will be the one to happen - cryptocurrencies will be widely accepted and widely available for everyone.

Suba

Staff member
The name Bitcoin has become very well known and replaces all crypto names, I think Bitcoin will at least remain the king of crypto at least until it is mined in 2040, but it may continue to occupy the throne, if other cryptos are less reliable. Even though Bitcoin is the king of crypto, investors must diversify their investments to reduce the risk of loss.

Skysaint

Verified member
Currently, Bitcoin is the father of all other cryptocurrencies when compared to others in both value and popularity. Basically, when people here of cryptocurrency what do come to the minds of most people is Bitcoin. For them, Bitcoin is more like a synonym to cryptocurrency. I could still remember when I was still new to the crypto world, I do think of Bitcoin as the only crypto coin in circulation or in existence.
Many have predicted that a time will come when other crypto coins such as Ethereum, some even mentioned binance would surpass Bitcoin in value and popularity.
I personally think that Bitcoin has gained so much interested fellows and investors holding the coin that I doubt they would watch and let Bitcoin fade away. Do you also see it this way? Will Bitcoin remain the leading crypto coin?

chicnthin

Bitcoin is popular because a lot of people are investing in it and it's the coin that most beginners invest in as for some reason its price always comes back up. But I wouldn't be so confident about it because we can never know, but it will definitely take some time before a coin takes over as the leading cryptocurrency. There's also a huge possibility that investors will focus on other coins.

Skysaint

Verified member
I think that no one can say for sure what will happen with cryptos after a few decades, Will there even be any cryptos to begin with?
Yeah, you're right about that. The market is volatile and there is a possibility that some point cryptocurrency will cease to exist in the next decade just like you've pointed out. Nothing actually lasts forever, but I meant the possibility of Bitcoin taking the lead for a very long period of time

minenovo

I think that no one can say for sure what will happen with cryptos after a few decades, Will there even be any cryptos to begin with?