Investment Will The Russia-Ukraine War Increase Business Problems for Russian Investors?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Right now the war between Russia and Ukraine is causing a lots of uncertainties for many people. It seems like Russia has caused many problems for itself because right now majority of the countries are supporting Ukraine and they are sympathizing with the Ukrainians. The problem is that the world is now sanctioning Russia a lot and I think that this has caused much problems for the Russian investors. Right now the world has started discriminating against Russians. I have read a news that started that South Korea has now banned Russians from trading on their platform and many Russian companies are no longer eligible for many business opportunities.

Apart from that, the London stock exchange has also terminated the eligibility of a few Russian companies from trading on their stock market and this is quite worrisome for many Russian people. These sanctions could be bad and such kind of sanctions could leave a country alone in the world and it might be really hard for any country to survive like that. Do you think that such sanctions are casing much problems for the Russian investors and businessmen? Do you think that Russia is a self-sufficient country and its investors shall not be affected by such sanctions?

E

eldavis

I believe this war would definitely affect their economy. Like you stated, most countries have already started placing restrictions on them, if the war continues, with time alot of investors would definitely withdraw their investments, and move to other countries.

funmi

Verified member
I personal do not want to see the war in the light of profit making rather am looking at it from the angle of lives that is been lost. Some people may only consider this whole thing from the angle of making business profit as they will exploit the situation for their personal gains. All these is done at the expense of their personal gains and they do all within their powers to make sure the war continues. This could also be observed during the era of when the covid19 restrictions were very tight people were just struggling to survive and for some it was all about making money they did all that at the expense of so many millions of innocent lives that was lost back then. So one the war going on currently in Ukraine I believe that war should be adverted and stopped by all means as it will neither do both sides of the divides any good in the long run. And even now in the short run both sides are both losing heavily. And at the end I doubt if everyone in the world will not feel the stings of the war. So I won't like to view it from a money making perspective.