Business Ideas Will You Build Or Buy A Hotel For Business?

Moni

Hotel is establishment which provides accommodation and meals for travellers and tourist. Before a person or individual can build a hotel, the person must be so rich because building a hotel is not as easy as compare to building a house.

This is because the things you need to build a hotel is much different from that of a house. Hotels are built specifically for strangers or travellers and there for should look more attractive and comfortable for living. This means a lot of money will be spent for just building one hotel.

Hotels also come in ranks and before you hotel will be rank as number one is something not easy. Beside all these a lot of business tycoons are building and buying hotels as part of their businesses.
Hotel generate a lot of income and is also permanent property. This means hotel can last longer and so therefore, in will continues to generate you income as long as you live or even die.

Even after building a hotel, you need to find a trusted manager to mange you hotel for you. Because is also a guest place your workers who are working in your hotel should know hospitality. I mean they have to know how to welcome visitors.

Would you like to build a hotel as part of you business if only you get the chance ?

E

eldavis

I have never really thought of acquiring an hotel either though buying or building before, though the hotel business can be lucrative at times, especially based in the location but I have always had interest in having an event center.
I feel an event center would be more lucrative than having an hotel, though these days most hotels also have events centers as well.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I watch the tv show called Hotel Impossible. It is a reality show where the host would help the hotel owner to improve his business. Most of the issues are the repairs and the interior and exterior design. There's also the issue of cleanliness and sanitation not to mention the dilapidated rooms. I guess the hotel business is only for the wealthy because the capitalization is not affordable to mere mortals like me. But for the sake of this discussion let me share my 2 cents worth.

The best asset of the hotel is the location. When it is near the airport or the business center that is a big advantage if the hotel is 3-star to 5-star in rank. Most foreigners or those from the provinces prefer the hotel near the business area so they don't need to travel far. Whenever we would travel to a foreign country too often the hotel that we got is far from the airport. In Osaka, the train ride is 1.5 hours from the airport to the hotel. However, it is in the edge of the tourist spots area so it is also a plus for tourists like us. A themed hotel is good but I'd say it should always be in stride with the environment.