Will your pension be enough to live life lavishly?

Razor1911

Pension is the money that the govt or a company provides to its employees after retirement. The amount the retirees get depends upon the post at which they were working, the company at which they were working and the length of active service. This is surely an act of gratitude from the companies towards the emolyees for their hard work and the output they have given to the company.

But do this pension money be enough for living a lavish life. Well, my father is also getting pension of around $1000 per month. Though it is not enough for a lavish life, but a middle class family can very well survive with that amount. Not to be included that I am also earning for my family.

What is your pension that you are getting or you will get after your retirement. And is the amount you will get is enough for a lavish life?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The word lavishly means to me a luxurious life. My answer is no. My monthly pension is just enough for my personal expenses and I cannot even contribute to our daily household expenses. Fortunately I have a savings that can afford me some luxuries like traveling but I try to be frugal because simple living is a key to long life.