Work-from-home with reduced salary

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
There is a proposal by a group of businessmen to enforce the work-from-home method so that expenses will be reduced. However, the point of the matter is for a reduced salary to the employee on a work-from-home mode. That means the company can save on salary expenses that it may eclipse the lower revenue especially with companies that are hardly hit by the pandemic era.

As an employee I think that is just fair as long as the reduction of salary is not more than 10% of the net. I understand that on a work-from-home mode there is also savings on the side of the employee. Aside from that it is only right for the employee to share in the burden in this extraordinary time. I just hope that the implementation of the work-from-home method will not be imposed by the government to give freedom to the employers on their choice. May I know your opinion on this issue if you are for the work-from-home method or not?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
There is a proposal by a group of businessmen to enforce the work-from-home method so that expenses will be reduced. However, the point of the matter is for a reduced salary to the employee on a work-from-home mode. That means the company can save on salary expenses that it may eclipse the lower revenue especially with companies that are hardly hit by the pandemic era.

As an employee I think that is just fair as long as the reduction of salary is not more than 10% of the net. I understand that on a work-from-home mode there is also savings on the side of the employee. Aside from that it is only right for the employee to share in the burden in this extraordinary time. I just hope that the implementation of the work-from-home method will not be imposed by the government to give freedom to the employers on their choice. May I know your opinion on this issue if you are for the work-from-home method or not?
If it will work perfectly it will be better than for the company to laid off their workers just because of the pandemic that the whole world is passing through now.
Working from home will along help those workersbtht do not have any side job before and they will be able to feed their family.
Many company has closed up during this pandemic but for those that think about working from home style or system its a good idea.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I think they offer is good to some extent in the sense that you will not be wasting money on transportation and other things. Even if the pay is not that great, the employer can look for other ways of making money online. So I think it is a very good offer from the company and the individual should of course accept it. Work from home is one of the methods employed by many countries during the covid-19 pandemic.

Briangsam

I believe this is a development I would gladly accept without blinking an eye. But that is if the reduction is not by half or more than 10% as you rightly put it. Working from home will give workers the opportunity to pay attention to their side business if they have any. It will also reduce cost of transportation and reduce risks.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Work from home option seems the best choice considering the pandemic we're daunt with. I prefer to work from the comfort of my home, it makes me feel relaxed to work and feel happy. Moving out to work during this covid19 era will do me more harm cos of the spread of infectious disease. Ever since the covid19 breakout I've settled in perfectly to earn online.