General insurance Workers compensation insurance

Phabbyfundz

Workers compensation insurance covers the cost of medical care and rehabilitation for workers injured on the job. It also compensates them for lost wages and also provide death benefits for their Dependants if they are killed in a work related accidents including terrorists attacks. The workers compensation system is the exclusive remedy for the on the job injuries suffered by employees.
As part of the social contract embedded in each states law the employee gives up the right to sue the employer for injuries caused by the employer negligence and in turn receives workers compensation benefits regardless of who or what caused the accident as long as it happened in the work place as a result of and in the course of work place activities. Workers compensation system varies from state to state.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Who will be the ones paying for this kind of insurance in behalf of the workers or is it workers that will be paying for this insurance policy directly. If it is so, I think it will be very convinient for some workers more than some. And even government may be paying on behalf of its workers.

AfriPeeps Official

This is a nice write-up but I think the companies must be a very big one to be paying that kind of money. Most of the companies today won't even behave as if they know you if anything happens on duty. It is only the giant companies that consider victims of factory accidents.

Mr Done

Workers compensation insurance covers the cost of medical care and rehabilitation for workers injured on the job. It also compensates them for lost wages and also provide death benefits for their Dependants if they are killed in a work related accidents including terrorists attacks. The workers compensation system is the exclusive remedy for the on the job injuries suffered by employees.
As part of the social contract embedded in each states law the employee gives up the right to sue the employer for injuries caused by the employer negligence and in turn receives workers compensation benefits regardless of who or what caused the accident as long as it happened in the work place as a result of and in the course of work place activities. Workers compensation system varies from state to state.
I know numerous people who have covered there insurance but don't get paid when the need arises. I hope this one isn't that way and I hope it is available for all companies but established and rising companies because their are numerous people who need this benefit.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
This is a nice write-up but I think the companies must be a very big one to be paying that kind of money. Most of the companies today won't even behave as if they know you if anything happens on duty. It is only the giant companies that consider victims of factory accidents.
Every insurance company have their policies and as such an agreement must be reached between the insurance company and the insurer. If someone buys such a premium package, then he will definitely get compensation when such incidences happen. Insurance companies don't just pay but they make enough enquiry before paying out in order to avoid fraud.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
This is obviously for the workers. And this type of insurance is mainly done obtained most by a company or business organization which they automatically get it for every employee that works for them. They do this to have some kind of coverage for them just incase any damage is being done by them or happen to them

Good luck

Verified member
If a worker has been insured on an insurance company.this should cover the person welfare in the company.It should cover the medical treatment if the person is not feeling well or has been down health Wise. insurance company has a way of compensation their prospective customers that has one policy with them especially a registered company

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I guess the premium would be costly because it's more like comprehensive life insurance policy as the insurance company would cover risks attached to the person life, because the workers deserves and need protection cover for their life so it would be best if they could get an insurance cover

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Who will be the ones paying for this kind of insurance in behalf of the workers or is it workers that will be paying for this insurance policy directly. If it is so, I think it will be very convinient for some workers more than some. And even government may be paying on behalf of its workers.
Why are you even bothering yourself about all this thing ,because I believe that some of this thing are not even available here in our country because the country has not developed to a point in which all these things are well arranged. this is only available in some Western countries especially Europe and America.

Nite

Valued Contributor
Legally, all employers are obligated to take reasonable care for the assurity of their workplace safety. Nevertheless, accidents still happen, and for that workers compensation policy provides coverage. But, it is possible that a claim for some serious employee injury for this type of insurance could even bankrupt many small businesses.