Worldcoin's 'Digital Passport' Examined by Vitalik Buterin.

ImamShaheb

Valued Contributor
images (21).jpeg
Worldcoin has recently launched, offering a "Digital Passport" called World ID, which uses eye-scanning machines called Orbs to verify human identity. However, Ethereum's Vitalik Buterin has identified four major issues with the project.

Firstly, there are privacy concerns regarding the collection of sensitive data through iris scanning, potentially including sex, ethnicity, and medical conditions.

Secondly, the accessibility of World IDs could be a challenge, as there are only a limited number of Orbs available, making it difficult for everyone to get one.

Thirdly, centralization is a worry, as malicious manufacturers could create fake human identities using compromised Orbs.

Lastly, security issues arise when AI-generated photos or fake people's 3D prints are mistakenly approved, and when World IDs could be sold, rented, or lost due to phone hacking.

Buterin suggests that Worldcoin may need to collaborate with other projects to address these concerns and create a robust proof-of-personhood system. However, building such a system won't be easy or quick and may take years to find a viable solution.

Tho, Worldcoin's native token WLD has been launched on several exchanges including Bitget & it's quite easy to grab it from there.

Bash4j

While holding the $WLD token on reputable exchanges like Bitget and others. Aside from the terrible privacy risks here, the tokenonomics of worldcoin make no sense. "Fair distribution" in crypto has been tried many times since 2014. It always fails. People forget about or sell their gift, and the coins inevitably aggregate with whales. Although
worldcoin team says they have ongoing research projects to further improve worldcoin id privacy to allow e.g. selective disclosures using zk.
Hopefully, this might clear Vitalik doubts including other potential investors

ImamShaheb

Valued Contributor
While holding the $WLD token on reputable exchanges like Bitget and others. Aside from the terrible privacy risks here, the tokenonomics of worldcoin make no sense. "Fair distribution" in crypto has been tried many times since 2014. It always fails. People forget about or sell their gift, and the coins inevitably aggregate with whales. Although
worldcoin team says they have ongoing research projects to further improve worldcoin id privacy to allow e.g. selective disclosures using zk.
Hopefully, this might clear Vitalik doubts including other potential investors
Actually,Vitalik isn't against WLD. He just wanna make sure, the new tech doesn't harm the users. Especially crypto users aren't that much respected because of crypto scams & market volatility of course.

Maxicreed

Actually,Vitalik isn't against WLD. He just wanna make sure, the new tech doesn't harm the users. Especially crypto users aren't that much respected because of crypto scams & market volatility of course.
I think VB concern is centered around centered around potential exploitation of people data and I quite agree with him.

We are already in crusade against mandatory KYC and here comes a project proliferating iris scanning for airdrop. The question is: are we comfortable entrusting our data in the hands of a group of individuals? I guess the obvious answer is 'NO' tho, I am already trading it and I hope to see some effort addressing these salient issues but no doubt it could be a solid project

ImamShaheb

Valued Contributor
I think VB concern is centered around centered around potential exploitation of people data and I quite agree with him.

We are already in crusade against mandatory KYC and here comes a project proliferating iris scanning for airdrop. The question is: are we comfortable entrusting our data in the hands of a group of individuals? I guess the obvious answer is 'NO' tho, I am already trading it and I hope to see some effort addressing these salient issues but no doubt it could be a solid project
It is a solid project. Since Sam Altman is professionally handling it. But the only concern rn is privacy which will be fixed I guess. Till then I'll stay with WLD (Trading Only).

When the CEO that created one of the most successful AI goes into crypto and blockchain, I expect a huge success on that path too. I believe that he would know what to do next and how to do it. The token keeps seeing more adoption after it got listed on Bitget and I expect to see it among the top coins moving forward as it keeps solving the problems on its path.

ImamShaheb

Valued Contributor
When the CEO that created one of the most successful AI goes into crypto and blockchain, I expect a huge success on that path too. I believe that he would know what to do next and how to do it. The token keeps seeing more adoption after it got listed on Bitget and I expect to see it among the top coins moving forward as it keeps solving the problems on its path.
Their technology is unique undoubtedly. We can say that it'll will success because of it's dev team obviously. But, users are afraid to adopt the tech because of security concerns. Let's hope things are resolved soon . Till then, we should hodl our WLD bag tight.