Investment Would you Ever Invest Money In Silver?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Investing money is one of the greatest ways to make more money. Investing leads to financial freedom and there are many kinds of assets you could choose. One of the greatest investment assets is the natural metals found in the Earth. One such kind of natural commodity is silver. Silver is quite expensive and there are many people who like it for various reasons. However, there are obviously various kinds of advantages and disadvantages of investing in silver. The profits and volatility factor of silver is dependent on the supply and overall demand of silver. This is just like stock trading and you could lose money.

However, trading in silver is certainly different than trading in stocks. You must also be aware of the fact that silver is far much more volatile as compared to certain other metals such as gold and this is why profits and losses are also huge. I believe that investing money into Silver trading is just like investing money in cryptocurrencies, as I have noticed that the prices of cryptocurrencies could go high and low depending on the market. This is the same case with silver. So would you ever invest in Silver? Why would you do that or why would you not do that?

Caramelle

I don't see myself investing in silver. To be honest, and this is just a personal preference, I'm not even a fan of silver jewelry pieces. I do have several gold pieces and though I wouldn't exactly call them investments, I actually wear them during special occasions because they complement my look, and not too many people wear them. It's just a bonus that their value is increasing over time. I don't really want to sell them in the future. At this point, I don't feel like adding to my collection either. But there are really high-quality gold pieces from the Middle East that you can buy at unbelievably low prices during sales around the Ramadan season, and they can very well serve as investments. You can pawn them at a price that is even higher than their purchase price. On the other hand, silver jewelry pieces are quite common here and many people feel safer wearing them in the streets on a daily basis than they would be with gold pieces.​

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Deciding on what to invest ones hard earn more on is a very serious issue and requires alot of consultant, as a wise business man or woman the rules still remains the same for all type of business. The rule states that you should not invest in a business you have no idea about. But I will go a little further to say do not invest your money in a business you know nothing about and you haven't tried out atleast with someone before, else there are mistakes you might make that will spell doom and might liquidate the business resulting in a massive loss, and bankruptcy in the case where loans are involved.
Hence I will not outrightly say yes to this question because the truth is I haven't invested in silver in recent times and have nothing much to do with silver. I can say alot about gold because I know where they mine it around mine domainand how it is been processed and the value you get sell it when it is well processed and where it can be sold. In fact I can aslo say alot on the quality. So I will prefer gold to silver for business purpose.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was assigned work in London the first item that I bought was a silver necklace for my wife. When I went home after 4 months it was a great gift that my wife was very thankful. However, after some months when my wife got the silver necklace to wear for the occasion it was kind of tarnished. I took a cloth rag and wiped the necklace to get back the shiny surface. That's when I learned that silver is easy to oxidize that you need the silver cleaning liquid. With investing in silver I guess I will just go for the gold because with gold the value is stable and it is good for a long term investment. Silver can tarnish and it can have a much lower value in the future because investors are not that much unlike in gold. A long term investment should be scrutinized very well to predict what will happen in the far future, say 10 years from now. Investing in gold can give me the confidence that my money's value is safe.