Writing Isn't a useful skill - Some Say

D

Deleted member 13140

So there are people that believe that Writing is a useless skill.... I saw it someone on Facebook or so, i didn't even know how to address the issue at all, i mean there are people who have made a living as a writer their entire professional life, but even if you don't intend to make a living with words, you'll need this important skill.

There isn't a single profession that doesn't involve writing, i mean that literally Although the format may differ, written communication is essential in all professional fields. Your writing ability will frequently influence your ability to land a job as well as advance in your career. Written communication is now more important than ever in professional and personal relationships. i mean people charge as big as $1000 for ad copy sometimes i just shiver at the thought of that, so which means if i could position my self as an expert that people would pay me up to that amount to write 500 words of ad copy for a huge deal.

and also i didn't even remember to tell this person to go to medium, i mean the site is filled with writers who are making a living just from words alone. i think this person is still living in the past.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Yes, the person is definitely experiencing life in the dark ages, he simply got into online newly. Writing have been integral in the digital ecosystem, contents are ordered everyday by website owners to keep visitors engaging and fun being around their site. Even those who are web developers also do some writing via their site when it is on the development stage. Because, they'll update the sub-forum of their websites, design the footer menu and add some written words on it, even their landing page menu too. So, literally everyone needs a writing skill even if you're not a professional writer.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Just because some random guy on facebook said writing is not a useful skill, it does not mean writing is not a useful skill. You need writing skills even to create an engaging facebook post or a twitter post. You need writing skills even to make a video because making a video starts with a script. people have become millionaires just because they are writers, check J K Rowling's net worth if you don't believe me.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Different people with different opinions. But for me writing is the best skill that someone can have. This is because there are many instances writing can fetch us money. If you are not a blogger, you can be a freelancer, and you can also be a copy writer. You can even work on paid to post website. All these need writing as a skill for you to keep going with them workout getting tired.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If someone says writing is not useful skills, I will just call me a fool. Writing is a necessary skill for almost all jobs in the world. Let say you are a marketer, how can you come up with the right marketing strategies without jotting down the necessary steps in paper (or typing on your computer). If you are a manager looking over a software firm, you might have to write a report, if you do not have writing skills how can you write a report. You are a selling something, how can you sell without writing what you are going to pitch?

D

Deleted member 13140

Yes, the person is definitely experiencing life in the dark ages, he simply got into online newly. Writing have been integral in the digital ecosystem, contents are ordered everyday by website owners to keep visitors engaging and fun being around their site. Even those who are web developers also do some writing via their site when it is on the development stage. Because, they'll update the sub-forum of their websites, design the footer menu and add some written words on it, even their landing page menu too. So, literally everyone needs a writing skill even if you're not a professional writer.
I mean literally we are here, maybe not earning a lot but at least this is prove that writing can in fact earn people money I just don't see why some people don't get it. Anyways, the person believes now, finally summitted to reason, I showed him medium, which am currently writing for.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I mean literally we are here, maybe not earning a lot but at least this is prove that writing can in fact earn people money I just don't see why some people don't get it. Anyways, the person believes now, finally summitted to reason, I showed him medium, which am currently writing for.
I've heard about 'medium before, that they are rewarding writers for creating contents via their site. I've visited too, but not often. I don't really know how the earnings works there, but I believe it's writers are making money writing on medium. Can you tell me how much you're making monthly writing for medium? It looks similar to 'PublishOx, which also rewards members for creating valued contents via their website. I have an account with publish0x, but never earned a dime there, because I never brought my time to write plenty word count contents there, attracting the bot point curator to curate points to my article.

niche

Verified member
In some places, writers are targeted for harassment by government agencies, companies for making some money, falsely labelling them a security threat, illiterate people who make more are left alone and are not harassed by government agencies.

D

Deleted member 28127

If the writer is speaking about any political subject @niche then what you are saying could have happened @niche but if the writer isn't speaking about the country's political subject or something related to this then everything is fine.