You don't need capital, You need business plan.

Olajidey

A business plan is a well-written document for business future that contains goals and way in which the goal is being achieved at a particular period of time, it also includes marketing strategies, financial source and operational activities.
I want to tell you that you don't need big capital to start up, the most important thing is the plan behind the business Money don't multiply, Plan makes money,
Many businesses have failed today because they didn't plan it well.
My conclusion is that plans are more important than a million dollars for business startup.

Naz

A business plan is a well-written document for business future that contains goals and way in which the goal is being achieved at a particular period of time, it also includes marketing strategies, financial source and operational activities.
I want to tell you that you don't need big capital to start up, the most important thing is the plan behind the business Money don't multiply, Plan makes money,
Many businesses have failed today because they didn't plan it well.
My conclusion is that plans are more important than a million dollars for business startup.
Yes,Business plan is most important thing to start a successfull business. But beside it, capital is also important thing. If you don't have enough capital to start a business ,how can you plan about a business?
I think ,we plan about any type of business according to our budget. If we have less amount to invest in a business then we ll plan according to our budget .We ll plan about small business which can be started with less budget. And if we have enough budget to start a business on high scale then we can plan accordingly.

Josemendez

Verified member
In as much as I can see the logic behind this post , I won't fail to confess that there is no way a business can be successful without finances. Your business plan has a lot of role it plays ,but this role cannot be effective without the necessary finance.
There are many business plan out there that are very feasible ,but are still unexecuted because of lack of adequate finance to start up the business . I too have a business plan that I have seen how effective it will be ,but because I do not have the necessary finance , it is still unattended.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I agree with your point of view, that having a business plan is of so much importance in a start up business. Without a plan, there are many mistakes that you will make and will cost you your business. So you better have a well written document that shows everthing necessary for the startup like the source of capital, amount of capital needed, the goods and services offered in the business, the market value and location of the business among others.

Janetoje

One cannot survive without the other, you may have business plan and not have the necessary capital to start. You may also have the capital but do not have the business plan to execute the business. Both business plan and capital are both necessary for a business to succeed.

Peppul

Yes business plan is important to start up a business am not entirely against what you are saying but note that without money you can't start up a business, business plan will only give you leverage on what kind of business you will do and what and what you need to do to manage it but it all stops there without capital, that's why you see people going to loan companies to request for loans, or do you think dangote the richest man in africa today will be where he is if he just had only business plan without capital or haven't you heard about his story. Yes he has the business plan but without capital it can't be executed. Or haven't you hear of the saying that a an unwise man with money is more respected than a wise man without money. Both are important but capital is more important.

Seyesystem

I disagree with the OP that you don't need capital but business plan have you forget that a business plan without adequate capital is nothing. Business plan is very important in every business because you must plan your bus in terms of profit projection and also feasibility study to know whether the business is viable or not. No matter how strong the business plan is you must have adequate capital to start the business otherwise the business plan will just be there without capital to execute it For a business to be successful both the business plan and capital are important.

Lekhraj19

Verified member
Plan is the thing that is the most important thing in any kind of work I would say. In business, plans have a great role in different departments. Everywhere there is a competition in this world, so if you don't have good plans you can't get success. And, you said right that plans matter more than the money in any kind of business. Because without plans, you can't have the idea how to invest money. If somebody has got great plans and some nice funds they will get success. Although, it's not that people who did not have money did not create the business but there you need to come up with a more vast idea.

Ralphjoe

Well I don't completely agree with you there that Business plan is more important than capital. Capital and business plans are equally important to a business in the start up and running of a business. They both plays a crucial role in a business, if capital is not available in a business, then only business plan can't run the business because it needs capital to actualize the business plans.

So trying to get the most important part of a business between these two Wonderful business resources is actually an herculean task that everyone should endeavor to integrate into any business that anyone wants to start.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Well, what I can tell you is that you will always need capital, but you need a business plan too. Hoever, in some cases, you can succeed without a business plan. But if you're looking for long-term success, it's necessary.

All startups need to have a business plan—or at least some kind of written document that outlines their plans and goals. While not every startup will follow their plan exactly as they wrote it, this initial planning is essential for long-term success. Without it, you could end up changing your goals and direction too often and too quickly, which can be fatal. Without a plan, it's also harder to gauge your progress and success.

So what makes up a good business plan? A good business plan will cover all of the important aspects of your business: its current state, the market you're in or trying to enter, your competitors, how you'll compete against them and stand out on the market, what resources are needed to make this happen (and where they'll come from), and more. A good business plan will also help guide your future planning by giving you an idea of what kinds of things work well for your company, as well as which ones don't work so well.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Business plan is one of the most important things whenever you want to start a business because there is no way you can be able to succeed in a particular business no matter the amount of money you have if you do not have a well detailed business plan.

This is one of the main reasons why a lot of people do not actually succeed in businesses even after taking loans of large amount of money. business plan is one of the most important thing because with proper business plan you will actually make your small business a very big business in the nearest future.

A lot of people think that capital is the only thing needed for the business to succeed but the reverse is probably the case. A business plan will serve as a roadmap for you in the business and it will also influence your decision making which would actually help you to stay disciplined and focused in making your business a very lucrative one for yourself.

Most of the businesses you see today actually have a clear-cut roadmap or business plan that make them to become very successful. No business become successful by mistake but by intentional and concise road map.

moneyteam

Your business plan will serve as your roadmap for starting and growing your business. It should include your business goals, strategies for achieving those goals, and a financial plan for funding your business. Without a solid business plan, it will be very difficult to make your business successful. So, if you're serious about starting your own business, make sure to create a detailed business plan before you get started.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
This thing is like this, you will just need both of them to be able to succeed in a business , because a situation in which you are just planning or maybe you have a perfect plan about your business, but without the required capital then you won't be able to execute your business plan perfectly. At the end of the day planning a business without the capital will still just be a waste of time.

There are some business, that if you have the business idea or you have a proper planning of how the business will be executed . If other people sees the potential in the business idea you have developed , they might likely want to invest in your business but even with this, you are not likely to be a full manager of such a business organisation because you don't even have the required money that is needed for you to be the Monopoly of the business idea you have developed.

I don't know how possible it will be for people to have a business idea without the required capital , but I will suggest that anyone who has a business idea should also look straight forward to raise money to start up the type of business they are interested.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
For a business to be successful and for a business to survive you definitely need the both factors which are business plan and business capital . That first and foremost you need a business plan because it is the business plan that determines how successful the business will be and not the capital . Despite the fact that capital is very important for business yet it is not the main determinant of whether a business will be successful or not , because majority of businesses today which have been invested huge amount of capital by their managers or owners have letter doing there or gone bankrupt there by collapsing , and in most prominent cases it is usually caused as a result of poor and improper business planning .

Like you have already said a business plan is actually a document of how business tasks and goals will be achieved from time to time . But it is important that we understand that a business plan could be adjusted or manipulated . But it is advised to run your business according to what is on the business plan not bringing in things that are not included in the business plan because in most prominent cases including things that are not in the business plan could lead to business negative repercussions and results .

Rachael

Verified member
In every business, a plan is very necessary and that would include the business idea. Without an insight of a business idea, it would be difficult to ascertain how much finance is needed to fund the business. On a personal note, I think the business idea should come first, this is because it would aid me on how to be objective when drafting the goal for the business. The business plan is very necessary for any successful business, although it is not a yardstick but with the plan, it serves a practical guide in which would help the business owner or entrepreneur to watch the track of his business.

Any business which the business plan is faulty, it would definitely have an after-effect on the sustainability. So to say, a feasible business plan should be drafted by a professional or one who has an in-depth experience in the line of business concerned. There is no business without challenges despite the availability of a well-structured plan, but with the backup plan and a crisis management technique, it would make it much easier for the business to strive ahead of any impending circumstances. Ultimately, the business plan should come first before the capital.