2 Factors That Would Help You Negotiate A Good Salary.

Etini

Valued Contributor
One of the most important parts of a job interview is when it's time to talk about the pay. At this point, many candidates for employment falter and end up shooting themselves in the leg. Two tips that can help you negotiate a good pay with your potential new boss.

1) Don't Appear Desperate: No matter how much you need the job, don't show you are desperate unless the employer would price you down. I always make potential employers feel I am earning really much with what I am currently doing. And they would be the ones to try and coerce me to consider working with them.

2) Express your expertise boldly without bragging: I step into a conversation with an employer for an IT job and i subtly tell the employer about my ability with AI applications and Web 3 and how adopting these would push the organisation far. And they would understand the value I carry and want to employ at all cost.

Quit accepting peanuts. Position yourself to get better payment offers when you attend an interview.

Ramolak19

Verified member
Thorough research into the industry standard salary for the position, market demand for your skills, and relevant experience and skills that differentiate you from other candidates are all factors that can help you negotiate a decent salary. The capacity to express your value to the employer and communicate effectively are also important. Enhancing your chances of obtaining a suitable wage package might also involve being ready to bargain, projecting confidence, and emphasizing your achievements.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The only issue is that most job seekers do see their employeers as their benefactors. They are more of slave than servants that they ought to be. Some of them even price themselves so low just because they don't want to lose the jobs or they don't know their worth.

Before one decides to seek employment, it is very important for such a person to know his worth. And this is not enough, proper background checking should be done to know the salary structure of such a company that he wants to apply to, to avoid cheating.