3 Benefits of Curry Leaves

raaman

Valued Contributor
Here are three precise health benefits of curry leaves.

1. Very good for anemia:

Most Indian women suffer from anemia due to loss of blood during monthly periods, pregnancy and menopause because of lack of sufficient nutritional food throughout their life. Because of this they are suffering from various health disorders such as tiredness, hand and foot pains, body weakness, and breathing trouble. The folic acid and the iron content in curry leaves help increase the red blood cells. Not only the fruits and vegetables, even the curry leaves have great medicinal value.

2. Helps reduce stomach upsets:

Alkaloids in curry leaves destroy the bacteria in the stomach and increase immunity.

3. Eye sight improves:

Vitamins in curry leaves especially the vitamin A is a good solution for vision disorders. Doctors’ advice drinking curry leaves juice every day to reduce the side effects of chemotherapy, one of the methods employed in cancer treatments.

funmi

Verified member
Whao! I never believed curry leaves Is as useful and medicinal as this. This is very educative indeed! The only question I have about this that,how many quantity of it should we use for each of the health issues. Am asking this to avoid using over dose. Or can one use any quantity and follow ones instinto?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor

1. Very good for anemia:

Most Indian women suffer from anemia due to loss of blood during monthly periods, pregnancy and menopause because of lack of sufficient nutritional food throughout their life. Because of this they are suffering from various health disorders such as tiredness, hand and foot pains, body weakness, and breathing trouble. The folic acid and the iron content in curry leaves help increase the red blood cells. Not only the fruits and vegetables, even the curry leaves have great medicinal value.

Alkaloids in curry leaves destroy the bacteria in the stomach and increase immunity.

3. Eye sight improves:

Vitamins in curry leaves especially the vitamin A is a good solution for vision disorders. Doctors’ advice drinking curry leaves juice every day to reduce the side effects of chemotherapy, one of the methods employed in cancer treatments.
This is really good and I like hearing this for the first time because I do not even know that curry leaves can be so medicinals like this. This is one of the important of been here because one will surely learn a lot. Have really gain today especially from this topics.

Paridhi

1. Very good for anemia:

3. Eye sight improves:

My mouth is watering now ! Lol ! I have a curry plant at my roof top and I always plug 1-2 leaves of it and put it in my curd curry or chhans curry. Hmmm ymmiii it gives wow taste to my curry. You won't believe that I also use curry leaves in my yellow daal as well. it has a different taste which makes our heart happy.

Maria Javed

Curry leave are used for the cooking. It make the cooking more delicious than before. Curry leaves contain nutrients, vitamins, minerals like vitamins A, Vitamins B2, vitamins C, vitamins B, calcium and iron . If you add curry leaves in your meal you can reduce the risk of various diseases like nausea, diabetes and other more etc. If you eat raw curry leaves or drink a cup of tea of curry leaves prevent your body from cholesterol.
There are many benefits of curry leaves.

1. improves the eye health

Vitamins A is very important for our eyes. Cuury leaves have vitamins A. If you eat curry leaves daily then it help to your eyes to stay in a healthy state.

2. Help in healing the wounds

Curry leaves have antioxidants and antibacterials which accelerate the process of healing. For example if your finger is burn or little cut then by applying the paste of curry leaves then not only your wound is heal but also these curry leaves separates the bacterias.

3. Help in relieving the dandruff from the hair

Curry leaves has many anti fungal, anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties etc. When you used these leaves in your scalp then these properties help to fight against the dandruff and small small scalp infections.