3 Top areas of a business to seek expert advice before starting

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It is always good to make your own research before starting a business. But nothing beats the professional advice you would get from experts. These are people that have been already In and can tell you things the way they are. They is never any sugarcoating with them.

These are the only people that you can seek professional help from and get all your problems resolved in a professional way. When you intend to start a business they are major areas you would need to seek professional input, so that you don't fall into a ditch trying to get things right. They three major areas are;

Risks associated with your business. You need to find this out and be sure you can cope with them

Tax payment: Find out early the tax you are expected to pay for your kind of business

Legal structure of the business: You need to find out about the legal structuring of the business you are about to start to help put the right structures for it take off.

uptrendfinancialsignal

Verified member
There are indeed obvious reasons why you need to seek advice before starting up a business. There are so many things that you need to know because business is very good to establish and on the other hand, it is quite dangerous because you could lose all your funds in a blink of an eye if you could not get it correctly. How do you get it right? you can only get it right when you consult those that are in the field and are more knowledgeable than yourself. This is definitely the best thing to do, that is why it is always good to undergo a mentorship program before starting up a business. Mentorship program will help you to put so many things in place so that you won't lose your fund into business. I kept on saying that business could be so dangerous if you do not know what you're doing. Before you venture into doing any business, you have to do a lot of consultation from the expert or from those that have been in the business for a very long time so that you won't fall prey of a bad situation. I always love to learn from those that are. more knowledgeable than I do

Activator230822

Verified member
I agree with you my brother I think you are taking about something we studied in college called due diligence.
This thing is so crucial in business and the one starting a business is mandatory for them to consider it greatly before starting the businesses.
No wonder 70% of businesses fail in their first three months of operation in the whole world. The reasons behind this can be the lack of due diligence or the information and experience of the business.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I think one of the areas that you need to consult before starting any business is the technicalities. Every business no matter how mundane has a level of technicalities. It could be in production or distribution. You must find out how to work through them from experienced people in that business.

Another area I think one needs expert advice on before starting a business is the market. People don't care about getting to understand the peculiarities of their market before they engage in production. Getting sound expert advice on how the market operates would do your start-up a lot of good.

I studied animal science, but before I started my poultry business, I had to go in with an established farmer and learn the technicalities, market, and other aspects of the business. I agree with the OP that you have to find out about the risks involved in a particular business before embarking on it. It would help you to be better prepared to face and manage it.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I always say that every business has its unique technicalities. It is from seasoned experts and professionals in that field that you can get to understand these technicalities and ways to get around them. Let me say here categorically that the internet can never take the place of professional consultancy. So many entrepreneurs went with internet write-ups and ended up getting their hands burnt. Please pay veterans in that sector if you have to. Buy the truth. I have never ventured into any business without sitting with a top achiever in that industry. Experience is the best teacher but it must not be your experience. Learn from recognized seniors and shorten your journey.

I don't even believe in this aspect of buying courses online. I think nothing beats that experience and depth younger from sitting with someone that has achieved in a particular field. The experience is personalized. Learn from the failure of others.