4 significant warning signs that one is about to be sacked

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The thing is that whatever is about to happen in most workplace whether good or bad the signs would be there. you just have to easily detect the signs and know which is about to happen. So when you are about to be fired, the obvious signs will show up.
Your workload become smaller.Your role isn't developing or growing. ..
You're completely out of the loop. .
Polite chit-chat is a thing of the past. You can't have a healthy conversation because your services might no longer be needed very soon.

There's a weird vibe when you enter the room. Yes there will something strange going on with you that you can't place your hands.

You've been asked to train someone up.. This is one outstanding thing you need to brush up another to take over and your boss goes directly to your subordinates. Because you would soon be replaced.

What's your thoughts on this?

Rubz

These are quite true. When an employer is tired of an employee and no longer needs his or her services, one could tell by the attitude the employer gives the employee. There are some cases though where one is just sacked without any warning. In most of these cases, something came up that require immediate firing of the employee. It could be the folding up or bankruptcy of such business. In such cases, the employer will feel so devastated about letting the employee go but the truth is that he didn't have another other choice than to let the employee or employees go. In such cases, the employee do not leave empty handed. Most times, there are often givrn some amount of money to take care of themselves before they find something else doing.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Do you ever have moments where you're just not feeling yourself? Or maybe you're having a really busy day, and you don't get a chance to eat lunch. And then suddenly, the next thing you know, your boss gives you a list of things that need to be done and it's all on YOU.

Yeah, we've all been there.

But if you think about it—it's actually kind of amazing how often we can feel like our bosses are talking to us through a wall. We hear them in our heads when they're busy doing other things. And when it comes time for something big to happen…we're gone before we even know it.

So if you think something strange is going on at work (or even if nothing strange is going on), take a few deep breaths and remember: your boss may not be talking to you right now, but he/she is definitely thinking about you.

If you are about to be sacked, there are several key warning signs.

1. You have left a large gap in your work history

2. Your employer has recently changed their company name

3. Your boss is less friendly and open with you than they used to be

King bell

VIP Contributor
1. If you're suddenly being asked to do things that are far outside of your job description, it's a sign that your position may soon be eliminated. Your boss may be trying to see if you're capable of doing other tasks that could be done by someone else, or they may be trying to determine if you're someone who could be easily replaced.

2. If you're being given less assignments and responsibilities, it's a sign that your importance to the company is diminishing. This is often a precursor to being let go, as your boss is likely trying to determine if you can be replaced without too much disruption to the company.

3. If you're being passed over for promotions or opportunities that you would normally be given, it's a sign that your position may be in jeopardy. Your boss may be trying to determine if someone else would be better suited for your role, or if they can do without you altogether.

4. If you're suddenly being treated differently by your boss or co-workers, it's a sign that something is up. You may be being isolated so that you're less of a threat or liability, or your co-workers may be trying to distance themselves from you so that they don't get caught up in the fallout when you're let go.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Your points are all valid. when it comes to getting sacked the signs are always there it is left for the person involved to notice the signs and either adjust to see if the management can change their minds or the person disengage is oneself from the company I am one person that don't wait till I am being sacked because it doesn't tell well of you when you go out to look for another job it is always believed that before one gets sacked that he must have done something very bad so new employers are always sceptical to employ such a person

So it is better one leave a job than being sacked so if one notice any of the signs i have written or the one you have stated in your comment there it is an obvious signs that the services of such a person is no longer needed and the best bet is to move away.

Etini

Valued Contributor
You have to understand human psychology to prevent being sacked by any organization. If you are a good student of psychology, you would sense when the mood changes about you in your workplace. As much as possible, avoid being sacked from any organization. It dents your reputation and image. Walk away before they sack you.

In all the places I have worked, I resigned by myself. I sensed the tension and left before they sacked me. The most painful one is the one you are asked to train someone. Unknown to you, you are training your replacement. Only to coke the following day and you are told to hand over.

There is a school I was teaching English. I had a running battle with the principal over lateness. I sensed he recommended that I should be replaced. The owners were hesitant because of the lack of options. I sensed he was putting pressure on the owners. I just stopped going there. Never said a thing to anyone. I quietly resigned before they sack me.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Someone who will be sacked wouldn't know when it is the time, unless the person wants outta by all means. Maybe their are so many reasons behind such behavior, either the salary stipend is so low to accommodate his or her needs. Or, their is no care or respect shown to the employees, and such attitude by the staffs aren't comfortable with him or her ( the employee), then the decision to seek for reasons to get sacked can activate. Apart from that, I don't just get the reason why someone who is comfortable at workplace will know when his or her sacking or marching orders will take place. When they aren't doing well, they'll get noticed, no doubt, and as such will try to improve. Those who wants to keep their job will always seek for ways to improve their working condition in order to keep their place in the company intact.