6 critical things you won't know about business untill you start

Holicent

VIP Contributor
You won't know if you're in the right job until you've been there for a while. You won't know if your company is going to be successful until it's too late. And you won't know if the business idea you've got is the one that will succeed until it's too late. I've learned this lesson many times over. It's something I can never forget, and it keeps me from getting too excited about new ideas or businesses that might not work out.

But how do you start? How do you make sure that what you're doing is actually valuable? And how do you know when something isn't working?

Here are five critical things that I wish someone had told me when I started out:

1. Don't start a business because everyone else does it.

This seems obvious, but sometimes we get so caught up in the idea of being part of something that we forget that there's a lot more to owning your own business than just making money. Owning your own business means taking responsibility for everything that goes on inside your company — from hiring and firing employees to deciding what products or services to offer customers and how much profit they'll make off those sales. It means dealing with all kinds of financial issues like taxes and more.

2. Your business is your business, not the Internet's business.

3. The person who runs your company is the best person to make decisions about your business.

4. You have a responsibility to treat your employees well, even if they aren't doing anything yet and won't be doing anything soon.

5. People need more than money to live happy lives; they also need meaning and purpose in their work and lives.

6. You can't rely on the Internet or other external forces to make you successful; it's up to you and your team to figure out what makes sense for your business, then go do it.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I quite agree with your assertions. Whenever you want to start a business you should not start because you see other people doing so.

People who do such a thing always end up not succeeding in the business because they do not have proper plan and knowledge of how the business works instead they are solely going into the business because they see other people making profit from such a business.

It is quite good for you to admire good business people but before you venture into the kind of business they are doing, it is important and necessary you are acquire the necessary knowledge and have the right mindset in order to become successful in that particular business venture.

A lot of people are always fond of this act and they end up wasting their money trying to chase shadows.

It is also important and necessary that you are friendly with your workers because they will actually help you to make your business successful if you are good to them. This does not mean that you should not be disciplined as a business man because discipline is very important and necessary in order to keep your business running effectively and smoothly on the long run.

Activator230822

Verified member
Well I say thank you for the detailed article about business operations. I have found it more useful and educative resources that you have shared with us. I think for one to succeed in any business Idea, they must have the passion for that business. Entrepreneurs are problem solvers. One must be ready and comfortable to solve a particular problem anytime, anywhere willingly. The aspect of money must come as by the way but should not be taken as the aim for the business for that matter.
Therefore a business that is built in this manner is likely to go far and most likely reaches its heights.
An entrepreneur who likes their Businesses to flourish and succeed must have a good relationship with their workers and the members of the public too. By doing this the business would get a positive reputation among the people and customers hence more profits.

King bell

VIP Contributor
There are a lot of things that you don't learn about business until you actually start one. Here are some critical things that you won't know until you're in the thick of it:

1. How much work is actually involved.

Starting a business is a huge undertaking. You have to wear a lot of hats and be prepared to work long hours. It's not for the faint of heart.

2. How important cash flow is.

cash flow is the lifeblood of any business. If you don't have a handle on it, your business will quickly start to suffer.

3. How challenging it is to get traction.

Getting your business off the ground can be incredibly challenging. You have to work hard to get noticed and to attract customers.

4. How important it is to have a strong team.

Having a strong team to support you is critical to the success of your business. They can help you with everything from marketing to operations.

5. How much you have to sacrifice.

Starting a business is a huge sacrifice. You have to be prepared to give up a lot of your time and energy. It's not a decision to be made lightly.

Heartstrings

This is one thing I do tell any of my close family member,that seek my opinion on business matters,don't start something because others are doing it,don't go into a particular business because you see others doing it. Is it really your passion? When it comes to business,it needs critical thinking and a well laid down plan. There are some business that doesn't work for everyone but few.

Before starting a business,you will have to know that,it needs your time and dedication in order to able to reach your goal and make the business grow,what actually make a business grow is how much passion you have for it and time dedicated. Also have it in mind that you will face some challenges,how you handle those challenges will determine how well and far your business will grow. Never take the idea of those who are into same business as you,as what works for the person might not work for you.

E

eldavis

Number one is one mistake a lot of persons make today and its also one i had made before. I joined in an investment simply because everyone was doing it, in the end i could not make any profit from it. Just cause others are doing it and they are actually making profit from it, does not mean you have to do it as well. Make sure you have found out all that there is to know about the business, if you can actually handle it, before you think of going into it.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
@Holicent half of the offline business have expended their activities by running a website and start providing services for free and also to provide delivery for more people because people going to your work place are little compared to other that order from the company website and this is a big difference between both of the cases. Means it is true working on earning sites could be as spare earning activity but expend your business to be online is an amelioration in terms of the sales.