6 Roles and Responsibilities of Video Editors

Suba

Staff member
The career and profession of video editor in addition to high income is also one of the work professions that are favored by millennials. The video editor profession also plays a very important role in improving the quality of videos so that they are worthy of publication.
The video editors must work according to a schedule or catch up, of course they work with the help of capable computers and software. Usually they use NLE (Non Linear Editing), so images, videos and sound do not need to be recorded sequentially.

The profession and career of a video editor is wide and there are many choices, such as joining a large film production studio, TV, advertising agency, or you can offer your skills to anyone who needs it, such as famous Youtubers even from different countries,

Here are 6 Roles and Responsibilities of a video editor
1. Collect and edit video recordings
2. Shot Sorting (according to the type of shot associated with framing)
3. Editing and rearranging the results of the video recording and must be adapted to the scenario or script.
4. Cut the video according to a predetermined duration.
5. Improving the appearance of the video so that it will be more interesting and enjoyable to watch. It is necessary to select and discard unnecessary images that are considered to be disturbing the story.
6. Make a description or information about the video content.

When I decided to work online, my first choice was video content creation. However, I did not have any skills in video content creation, therefore, I started offering web and app development and design services. Nevertheless, my desire for video content creation did not die. Thus, I also started building content on youtube, tiktok, facebook and instagram. With limited skills (amateur skills) it is really difficult to succeed, therefore, I am thinking to learn video editing. If you want to do video editing, the first thing you need to do is learn adobe premiere, or other similar video editing software. If you don't have skills with video editing software, there is no way you can succeed as a video content creator. You also need animation skills because you need to do a lot of animations while editing videos. There are easy-to-use programs that make jobs easier but these programs are incomplete.