6 ways to make money online as a student

Kennysplash

Verified member
As a student, you always need the extra money to help you take care of yourself while schooling. However some engage in different offline works which can interfere with their school activities. The best way to make money as a student is online. This way you will be able to have time for your studies and it is less stressful as well.
The following are ways you can make money online as a student.
1. Online tutoring: There are some courses that many students find it hard to grasp easily. You can organize an online and interactive class where you can teach others courses you are very good at.
2. Freelancing: This is very broad, just find a skill you are good at and sell it online. It can be digital marketing, writing, graphics design, blogging and many more.
3. Selling photos: Now you don't need to have PhD in photography to pull this off. Just learn how to take good photos on your phone and sell them on websites like Shutterstock, unsplash, pixabay etc. Learn what people would want, take the shots and make your money.
4. Affiliate marketing: Although this is the least on the list I will recommend, but people and students are still making good money from it. You sell other people's products and get a commission. You need a good online presence to pull this off.
5. Publish e-books: If you are good in writing you can write an ebook and sell it online. KDP is a place where you can sell your books and make royalties for life.
6. Trading Cryptocurrency: You can dive into cryptocurrency and make money. You can trade or invest for a certain period of time and make profits. But you need the right knowledge first, so take the time to know what you are getting into.

All these are ways you can make money without leaving your homes. Choose anyone that sits well with you and start earning.

isaacking005

You could try learning a skill and working as a;
  1. Freelance Writing. If you want to work as a freelance writer, don't worry about your credentials or experience. ...
  2. Personal Blogging. ...
  3. Graphic designer. ...
  4. Proofreader. ...
  5. Social media manager. ...
  6. Virtual assistant. ...
  7. Resume writer. ...
  8. Web developer.

Mastergp

Verified member
Well most student think that making money is mostly on their parent will not on them, making them dependent on their parent. but student have show also need to also note that there are some small needs they could handle on their own.
Mist student are independent which means they care for themselves and their family, some student even support themselves at school due to the Money the my aim online. And the better part is that this most of this students do to making money online the have automatically become public figure trying that is posting of content on the social media in order to gain like and followers.

There are some important way student could make money online some of this ways include :

Blogging:
Blogging has being an important way to make money online and may young ones too have also engage in this meaning of making money the post graphic pictures, and written items to the public some children even post educational or academy items and they have earning from it too

Content creators :
Most students are creating content like comedy videos and video documentary, and they are are earning very well from it.

Posting of threads:
They can also make money by posting threads online, by writing and posting of important information online.

E

eldavis

For me, I feel freelancing is one of the best ways for a student to make money online, you can sell various skills and talents like graphic designing, photo editing, article writing or even web designing and lots more for cash. Students are not limited to making money online alone, I have come across students who make money offline as well form carrying out various businesses of their choice, ranging from indoor kitchen to tailoring. There are some who bake snacks and sell for other students on school.

Finger Geek

Verified member
I have tried many of this way before like affiliate marketing, online tutoring, selling ebooks, trading cryptocurrency and freelancing before. And I would say that trading cryptocurrency is the best.

With affiliate marketing, selling ebooks and freelancing. We will need client for us to be making good profits from it. And it is not easy to generate traffics to our works. I have tried especially affiliate marketing for more than 2 years before but I have never been successful with it. Though I never spent a dime to promote the affiliate links, as u hear from people that the best way to make money with affiliate marketing is to spend money.

The only easy way for me and I know will be easy for others is trading cryptocurrency. Because here we don't need to generate traffic, no clients to buy what we are offering. This can also be easy for students as it can be done any where and any time.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
One of the greatest advantage of students engaging in online business is the fact that they can organise this online business and work whenever it suits them and they will still have a lot of time to attend to their academic needs and wants which is very important..

That is one of the thing I am also trying very much to achieve because if I can have a way to work online then I will have enough time to attend to my academic needs and at the same time make some extra money that will help me on daily basis in my school days.

Learning a skills such as cryptocurrency is a nice way that can help you make some money , affiliate marketing is also a nice way of making money on the internet. You can learn any skill you are interested but the most important thing is getting a good mentor that is willing to guide you

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Surely these are good ways that students can make money online even because of the fact that a few of them are not too demanding when it comes to investing money or time, though most of them demand your time since they are not passive income sources.

And I think personally the most preferable of these you have listed is freelancing. This is a work that students can do easily. Next will be publishing on Amazon. This is an easy way to make money for students since all you may need is a smartphone or a laptop and it needs no money investment at any moment. All you will do is publish books whether high content or low content books and you publish them and earn part of the returns as they get bought and purchased.

Talking about affiliate marketing, I see that as very demanding and learning it is a bit hard and needs much dedication. It is indeed a nice way to make money but it's not an easy one.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There are several opportunities for students to make some good amount of money for themselves. All that is required is proper knowledge and understanding of the business you want to go into and they will probably also a good amount of money. I quite agree with you that freelancing is one of the best business ventures for students presently.

Freelancing is a very lucrative venture and if you have a very good skill you can offer them in freelancing platforms and make some good amount of money for yourself.

It is therefore very important for you to understand that it is not a get-rich-quick scheme because it can take some time for you to be able to maximise profit.

Cryptocurrency trading is also another good business venture for student to go into and make some good amount of money for themselves. Cryptocurrency trading requires a lot of knowledge and some monetary investment if you really want to become successful.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Some of the methods mentioned by the OP seem to be foolish. For example, how can someone who is still a student make money by tutoring? In order to tutor and make money, you need to be an expert on something, you can't expect a student to become an expert, can you? Freelancing is a good opportunity to earn, however, I doubt that students can actually earn as a freelancer. In order to become a freelancer, you need to be highly skilled in something that has commercial value, for example, designing, development, etc. We don't expect students who have to stay up to date with their course, to have high-level skills to become a freelancer. Writing and publishing ebooks is a good way to make money, but you need to be an expert writer and an expert marketer. Interestingly, some of the methods mentioned by the OP are actually appropriate for students, for example selling photos, and affiliate marketing.