The first International Day of Yoga was celebrated on 21 June 2015 with great pomp across the world. On this day crores of people did yoga in the world which was a record. Yoga is such an effective form of exercise, through which balance is created not only in the body parts but also in the mind, brain and spirit. This is the reason that apart from physical ailments, mental problems can also be overcome with yoga.

The word yoga is derived from the word Yuj of Sanskrit, which means the union of the soul with the universal consciousness. Yoga has been practiced for more than ten thousand years.

To get more details on Yoga please go through our blog

1.jpg

arunima25

Verified member
Yoga, pranayam, and meditation have become a part of my life for the last decade or more. And I can vouch for the fact that it benefits us in all aspects of our life. I can now not imagine what my life would be without Yoga. Though I do other forms of exercises too, yoga is something I am most regular to.

tglennon

I love yoga, I definitely have to do it more!

Paridhi

Yoga, pranayam, and meditation have become a part of my life for the last decade or more. And I can vouch for the fact that it benefits us in all aspects of our life. I can now not imagine what my life would be without Yoga. Though I do other forms of exercises too, yoga is something I am most regular to.
wow that's great. Nice to hear that you practice yoga. I do as well but not at a great extent. Just little one for my flexibility

Nite

Valued Contributor
Happy International yoga day! Regular yoga practicing can make you feel better all from head to toe. And yes, it's not just about physical health, yoga is also very beneficial for our mental health. Even doctors recommend yoga as an integral part of treatments when people are recovering from any health problems.

arunima25

Verified member
wow that's great. Nice to hear that you practice yoga. I do as well but not at a great extent. Just little one for my flexibility
Yoga is my savior. I had a haemohhrage and that caused irreversible damage to my pituitary. I was just 28 at that time. And then all hormonal imbalance caused chaos in my body. I developed diabetes and other issues. I needed to take all medicines and they said I can never get rid of them in my life. I took high doses of my insulin and steroids with intermediate breaks. I lost weight as gaining muscle mass was not easy for me. I started showing side effects of all medications.Today I am 42 and I am off medications. Though I am not able to put on weight, I am able to mantain it without losing further. I feel healthy and happy. Yoga was a true blessing for me.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Yoga is a way of conditioning the body into practicing locomotive and non locomotive exercises within a given surface. I'm a Sport man, a soccer type, during my leisure time before soccer normal time, i take my time to for some yoga training to keep my body st moderate level and strong. Without exercises i don't think I'll be fit up to this day.

Paridhi

Yoga is a way of conditioning the body into practicing locomotive and non locomotive exercises within a given surface. I'm a Sport man, a soccer type, during my leisure time before soccer normal time, i take my time to for some yoga training to keep my body st moderate level and strong. Without exercises i don't think I'll be fit up to this day.
Happy International yoga day! Regular yoga practicing can make you feel better all from head to toe. And yes, it's not just about physical health, yoga is also very beneficial for our mental health. Even doctors recommend yoga as an integral part of treatments when people are recovering from any health problems.
nice to read it. Keep maintained yoga in your life

arunima25

Verified member
The best thing about yoga that I like is that every single pose, breathing exercises etc has multiple benefits. It works as an unification of the whole body. And one can practice it according to their capacity and needs. It is quite accommodative. Even people with limited physical capacity and disabilities can practice it and benefit from it.

Nite

Valued Contributor
Correct, yoga offers the powerful benefits of exercise. And since it is considered to be a gentle exercise, almost anyone can do it, regardless of their age or fitness level. As yoga is 5000 years old discipline from India, it was developed as a kind of practice to unite the body and mind.

Harivignesh

Nice to hear. What made you to focus more on the yoga and what change do you see in your day today life after yoga?

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Yoga poses stretch your muscles and increase your range of motion. With regular practice, they'll improve your athletic varieties, like power yoga, will make you sweat. And even though yoga is not aerobic, some research finds that it can be just as good as aerobic exercise for improving health.

arunima25

Verified member
Nice to hear. What made you to focus more on the yoga and what change do you see in your day today life after yoga?
I wanted to get rid of over medications that my health conditions needed. And with regular yoga ( especially pranayam, the breathing part) I could see those changes and improvement in my conditions. My medical reports also showed all positive changes and they were a surprise for my doctors. I was motivated after seeing the initial improvement and continued it for a long and finally, it became an inseparable part of my life. Today I am able to manage all conditions with Yoga, diet, and lifestyle changes. I have not dependency on medications to manage my conditions. Yoga and meditation also helped me in becoming disciplined, dedicated, more focussed, and peaceful at mind. And overall a happy and calm person.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The first International Day of Yoga was celebrated on 21 June 2015 with great pomp across the world. On this day crores of people did yoga in the world which was a record. Yoga is such an effective form of exercise, through which balance is created not only in the body parts but also in the mind, brain and spirit. This is the reason that apart from physical ailments, mental problems can also be overcome with yoga.

The word yoga is derived from the word Yuj of Sanskrit, which means the union of the soul with the universal consciousness. Yoga has been practiced for more than ten thousand years.

To get more details on Yoga please go through our blog

View attachment 46163
This is a good one, and it was good for you to bring to our notice the yoga lovers that we have a day set aside for its users. I’m one person that loves yoga as I have inculcated it into my exercise routine. It does help in soothing my aching body

Paridhi

This is a good one, and it was good for you to bring to our notice the yoga lovers that we have a day set aside for its users. I’m one person that loves yoga as I have inculcated it into my exercise routine. It does help in soothing my aching body
Yes, thats' right and everybody must include a little routine of yoga in his/her life. It will give benefit.