8 Useful Tips Before Launching Your Blog.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Before you launch your blog, there are a few things you should do to make sure it's ready.

1. Write posts: You need to have some content ready before you launch your blog.

2. Choose the right platform: It's essential that you pick the best platform for your particular needs.

3. Secure your domain name and get hosting: You will be able to go live with your blog once you have a domain name and hosting set up.

4. Design your blog: This is where you decide what colors, fonts, and graphics will appear on your site.

5. Make sure it works well on mobile devices: If users can't easily read your blog on their phones, they're going to leave and never come back!

6. Set up social media accounts for your brand new blog!: You want to make sure that people can find you wherever they already spend time online—and that means social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etcetera!

7. Create a content calendar: to post consistently on all of those social media sites (and also on every other one). It’s important for SEO reasons as well as branding reasons.

8. Make sure you have everything: you need in place before announcing your launch date.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I hope you own a website, because you sounded so professional with what you drafted for potential bloggers to consider before going into blogging. Owning a website that is bringing revenue is indeed satisfying and no doubt to that. But making it reaching to the level of earning reasonable amount of money, takes absolute hard work. It wouldn't work over night after setting up our website doing the basic designs, and back- end stuffs. The site needs SEO contents, off plagiarism, needs traffic too. If we can keep up to this things, surely our website gonna earn reasonable amount of revenue.

To continue earning reasonable revenue with our blog, we need to keep the traffic coming through sustainable, and it requires sharing engage contents even if it's twice a week to keep our active visitors engaging, and also attract other visitors. Just as you've said, when the site isn't friendly to visitors especially when it isn't mobile friendly, it will certainly chase the visitors away and make them not to turn back. To keep our site sustainable, it should be mobile friendly, due to wide range of smart phone users, even better off than the number of desktop or laptop users.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
@sincerem Thanks for your
complimentary response. Well, i don't currently own a website, but i had flair for website programming while I was in the university. I got to know all these tips from personal and shared experiences. The fact that l'm a multi-niche writer too exposed me to so many things.

If you own or manage a blog and you don't know important things like this, you are likely to fail or take a long time to rank high. It doesn't imply you are not hard working, but you are not doing the right thing first. SEO enriched content of course, original content will contribute positevely when it comes to traffic, whatever we choose to do on our blog, we should follow the right steps accordingly.

Ajebo25

Verified member
One of the most important things ti think of before starting a blog is the niche, the niche is the category which you will focus in we have different types of niche entertainment, news, tech, insurance, health, music, video, sports, etc each of this niche must be written about for instance if your blog is entertainment all you will post and write there will be entertainment and nothing more

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have two blogs and I have been running blogs for two years. I am going to share tips to launch your first blog based on my experience and knowledge.
Find a proper niche: Niche s very important, your niche will determine traffic and revenue. You can choose a niche that you are passionate about and have knowledge of or choose a niche that you think has the potential to make money.
Write content: Don't attempt to write articles yourself unless you are an expert. In order to succeed with blogging, you should not only be very good at writing but also good at SEO. IF you are a first-time blogger, it is very likely that you are not a good writer or SEO expert. Hire a pro and let him create SEO content. The idea is to have the best content on your site so that your site is easily approved by Google Adsense and also gets ranked on google search quickly.
Buy a domain and hosting: Buy a domain that matches your chosen niche, make sure to use the primary keyword on the domain.
Build website: Install wordpress, which is the best blogging system. Publish articles, and important website pages (about contact, privacy policy)