Useful tips on making the decision to go into business

Carpon

Valued Contributor
It is of course not a joke when they say that not everyone can go into business: because there are people who are never going to be successful as business men. You may find the following useful in your decision making process of whether to go into business or not.

✓ Weigh your ability, passion and desires. First you must analyse how good you deal with things relating to business. Like your Management skills, costumers attraction ability and other things of this nature.

✓ Analyse the sustainability of the business if set up. You can sit and analyse to make predictions on how far your business can go when started. See whether your intended business has potentials of succeeding.

✓ Consider the availability of capital and the securable location. You must see and know whether you have the ability to raise money for your business through any way available. And also know what location is available to you and how commercial it is. You can also make enquiry from other business people to know more.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I think that they are born entrepreneurs and trained entrepreneurs. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit in you, you would know. You would see that you would just have a natural flair for management, control, and decision-making. The second to the original poster is part of the feasibility study you undertake before you begin any business. It is important to do it so that you can see if the business has a future or not.

Capital is the point where most entrepreneurial dreams and ideas are dead and buried. I understand that starting a business in the present economic clime is demanding. There are subtle ways of silking your way through this quagmire. You can save money on your own. Loans are not what I advise but if you think you can find a way through a loan, you can get one. Be focused and committed. That's the attitude that less to business success.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
If you're thinking about starting a business, you've probably got a lot of questions. How do I get started? What kind of money can I expect? What kind of success can I expect?

The truth is, there's no one-size-fits-all answer to all of these questions. Every business is different, and every person has different needs. But we've compiled a list of tips for beginners who are just starting out:

1. Make sure your business idea is something people will want to buy from! If it's not, chances are, nobody will buy it—and even if they did, they'll be upset that they wasted their money. You don't want to disappoint customers or make them feel bad about buying from you, so make sure your product or service is something people will love.

2. Know how much money you need to start your business. This depends on how much capital you have available and what kind of overhead costs (like rent) come with running a business.