A marketing gimmick of Coke cans with nicknames and pet names

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
About 5 years ago when Pepsi in can was having a good sale in the market which prompted Coke to think of a counter attack. The gimmick of Pepsi is the buy 5 and get 1 free Pepsi in can. But Coke has something different in mind which I think was creative enough to boost the sales.

Coke in can have the label printed with names such as Mommy, Daddy, Kuya (big brother), Darling, Sweetheart, Cute and some other word that is positive to describe not only people but also places. It was a huge success for Coke because everyone that I know was buying just for the can. In fact, my wife had kept the Coke can with Cutie in the label because that’s how my wife calls her car.

Setho

VIP Contributor
This was actually the best advertisement can be in that I have seen in my entire life. Hear what they normally do is to advise you to share a Coke with a name that is been inscribed on either the bottle or the can and to be honest that particular advertisement really scalled.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
They use the same advertisement gimmick in my country. This so far fetched more money as people would always wanted to get a coke that has that their names on them. To be honest, their marketing department did a wonderful work for coming up with such a nice idea that wowed everybody.