A stroke can have a long lasting effect on the patient

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is the story of my wife’s mother who was hit by a stroke in 2011. She was a happy go lucky woman so it was a sorry sight to see her paralyzed. Before her stroke she was found to have high blood pressure. But she was not taking her maintenance medication regularly so we think that it was the cause of her stroke.

Her case is a big lesson for all of us. A small pill to take every day is not a burden. I had seen the agony of the patient who needed a caregiver for all her needs including feeding. My mother-in-law passed away in November last year (2020). The family felt relief so the grief was not much.

A stroke is scary so we have to avoid it by all costs. The doctor said that it is about the proper diet, exercise and enough rest. But most of all excessive stress is usually the cause of stroke.

I have an Aunt who has been down with stroke for over a year already and I must say that it is a really devastating condition that one won't even wish for their enemies. It is important for us that are still healthy to work more on making sure we eat good food and exercise more to make sure that we are not susceptible to this condition.

Stroke is always as a result of limited blood flow to the brain caused by blockage of the veins that carries blood to the brain ,this will result in permanent or partly damage of parts of the brain depending on the severity of the blockage.. that is why it is always better for us to avoid anything that could lead to something really serious as this since brain is difficult to be repaired.

Stress is not a good thing. And what it causes is more damaging than what we can even imagine. When the body is stressed, the blood is reducing and this may limit the amount of blood to be transported to the brain hereby leads to hypertension which may eventually lead to stroke.