ACX Review: Scam or Legit

App/website ratings
5.00 star(s)

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
ACX is Amazon’s audio book program. You can use ACX in two ways, one, to create an audio book for your book, and two, you make money by narrating books. The books produced by ACX are sold through Audibles, Amazon and iTunes. Whether you are a writer looking to create audio books or a freelancer looking forward to make money, you can use ACX. Interestingly, you do not need prior experience to use ACX to make money, they have ACX University to train book narrators.

Pros

You can start for free and make full time income.

By using this program, you will be able to excel your career in audio production.

You can use the program to make money even when you do not have any experience, as they have a learning program to train book narrators.

As an author, you will be able to produce audio books and sell audio books to make extra money from your books.

Cons

Even though they say anyone can apply to become a book narrator, they basically prefer native English speakers having good diction.

Even though they say prior experience is not needed, they expect you to have book reading skills.

It is very competitive platform, so, newbie and people without any experience and knowledge on audio product will find very difficult to earn.

Mika

VIP Contributor
This is certainly a great platform to make money, however, I believe this is mostly appropriate for people who use English as a first language. Since you are doing book recording, it is demanded of you that you speak like natives (especially if you are recording English books). I signed up with the program and even attended the tutorial courses, however, I never accessed their tasks. I was not very sure that I would be approved, therefore, I just left out. You might try if you are very good with English speaking. Having good diction is very important to use this platform