Alcohol: what you need to know

General01

Plagiarized warning
Alcohol is the most widely used and abused agent throughout the world.
It has been discovered that there are 15 to 20 million alcoholics in the United States and approximately 100,000 deaths attributed to alcohol abuse per year which contribute an economic cost of $100 to $130 billion.

Ethanol (the main component of alcohol) is ingested in alcoholic beverages such as beer, wine, and distilled spirits.

A blood alcohol concentration of 80 to 100 mg/dL is the legal level for drunk driving in many states and Consumption in moderate amounts generally not injurious

Ethanol absorbed is unaltered in the stomach and small intestines. So, after ingesion it is then distributed to all tissues and fluids of the body in direct proportion to the blood level.

Less than 10% is excreted unchanged in urine, sweat, and breath amount exhaled is proportional to blood level

Most of the alcohol in the blood is bio-transformed to acetaldehyde in the liver by some enzyme systems.

Alcohol is very injurious when taken at high concerntrations. It known to cause hepatitis, liver cirrhosis , and alot of diseases associated with the liver

Some of the syndromes associated with chronic alcohol consumption are:
- Wernicke syndrome.
Characterised by confusion, ataxia, and diplopia from ophthalmoplegia
damage to mammillary bodies, cerebellum and periaqueductal gray matter of the midbrain
-Korsakov syndrome
Characterised by memory loss and confabulation Which is as a result of thiamine deficiency and direct toxicity.

What you need to know about alcohol is that when you drink alcohol you tend to add unnecessary weight and when you gain weight it gets uncontrollable so don't drink alcohol.also those that drink alcohol tends to have big belly which is not good for the health.also when you drink alcohol you tend to have bad odour and your teeth also start to decay and turn brown so don't drink alcohol

Alcohol should not be taken always and in large quantity. I am not against those that take alcohol but I am always against those that abuse it. Though generally, I don't see much benefit to the drinking of alcohol. It is of not use. Then why taking it to the extent of abusing it. I do see some people that do embarrass themselves by even sleeping in the gutter after taking too much of alcohol. This is a bad habit to be desisted from alcohol destroys the liver and weaken the kidney.